PistonHeads.com: Police Suspend Use Of All Laser Speed Guns

its about bleeding time, my dad works with the police and he has told me about hundreds of cases where these so called "acurate safety camera readings" have been disputed and have been thrown out of Magistrates court and ordered to move to Crown court, at which point the police withdraw the prosecution as under expert witness testemony if the speed camera's are deamed innacurate, every body who has ever been caught by someone using one can have their money back and HUGE compensation due to loss of earnings and distress......... so they dont let it get that far usualy as they know just how innacurate these things are. in fact californian police ruled out the 20.20 laser systems in 2001 after they where proved "unable to detect an acurate speed rating of any vehicle at a greater distance than 600ft and are unable to take speed readings in Fog, Snow, Rain or overly Bright sunshine. the most disturbing fact is that they are unable to take a reading of any type of motor cycle"

now this last statement made me think..... the 20.20 speed detector needs to be facing dead on the front of a vehicle.... pointing steadily on a Flat, forward facing section of the vehicle.... normaly a number plate or grille...
so tell me anyone.... wheres the flat part on the front of a motorcycle..???

anyway...

bout bleeding time...

What this misleadingly-titled article fails to mention is that this applies to South Kent only, and only to hand-held devices (not vans), and only for two weeks. Oh well. Anyone for a hoon in Kent?! I know a few Ferrari boys are heading for a VMAX run...

....as usual the whole country has been misled and as usual we believed it all....when will this country wake up to the fact that everything we do and everywhere we go is one big money making exercise....

Back