PistonHeads.com: Community Officers Get Speed Guns

Beat bobbies have been trained to use speed guns for ages, very few of them care little enough to put their name down for the training courses though. Our PCSO's have been handing out section 59 notices for ages (known in force as ADM171 (warning) and ADM172 (sorry buddy but your car/bike/chav rocket is coming with me)

hmm yes i think its totally fair you could loose your car for as little as going 5mph over the speed limit twice.. yeah great idea just help shove this country a little bit furthur down the #### pan - well as tesco say "every little helps"

Thats a bit much of a reaction. No section 59 relates to driving like a ### not for slightly breaking the speed limit, that'll get you points on your licence. If your driving like a loon, then you'll get a section 59 notice, second time and the vehicle you are in AT THE TIME will be IMPOUNDED, to get it back you are required to pay a release fee (to the pound) and storage fees, figures vary from force to force in regards cost, but are local lot charge £130 release plus £15 a day.

Officers are expected to be deployed in problem areas such as outside schools

That's fair enough, and i don't think anyone could see that as a bad thing! But this is where speed camera's should be located anyway, not just dumped on a perfectly safe dual carraigeway to make money.

Back