PistonHeads.com: 50mph Limit Rejected

rediculous.... on most of our roads people who dont understand the rules of the road are allready causing accidents through driving at 40mph in a 60 limit. and after getting very frustrated people tend to over take....and have an accident.
rather than lowering the speed limit maybe they should be put to more tests. if every motorist was tested and examined to the same level as motorcycle riders there wouldnt be a single accident at all....

i find it utterly lidicris that a 50mph limit is going to stop people speeding. most accidents are caused by people doing 70-90mph on lincolnshires roads......so what the ehll is a 50 limit going to do when the 60 one didnt work?

on the A46 dual carriage way (laceby bypass) two school girls were killed by a man racing down the road, in the rain, on drugs and drunk with no licence, no tax, no insurance, was banned from driving and in an unroadworthy car...........................................please please tell me how the hell a 50mph limit would have stopped him? or anyone else doing the same thing?
WE NEED POLICE........THATS P-O-L-I-C-E!!!!!! NOT SPEED LIMITS

i hate this government, i hate this country. its driving me insane and i think im gonna have a nervous breakdown every time i try and drive my car!!!

Back