pillar speakers

hi,
my micra only has two speakers (the two in the doors)
i was thinkin about puttin some more in, perhaps the ones on the parcel shelf, as the plugs there for them, nd the ones in the pillars.
are the ones in the pillars hard to install nd will the plugs b already there.
i have a 1998 facelift 1.0 micra twister
thanks
steve

The A-pillars snap off pretty easy, I routed the mic for my bluetooth headunit round mine and the plugs were there in my old Ally even though it didn't have pillar speakers installed. Just be careful you don't snap the plastic when removing it as the catch can need a little bit of force to get off. Not sure about the twister but it wouldn't surprise me if they're there if the ones in the boot are.

I think the Twister was some sort of mid-spec model. I've an 98' facelift 'Ally' it had the speaker cable/plug in the boot, hence am OE-Nissan 'speakered' parcel-shelf was installed.

I also have a set of tweeters pulled from a scrap SR, though pulling the piller trims off revealed no tweeter wires, so I'd have to run some wires for them, I wouldnt be surprised if you found the same. I'm quite happy with the 4 speakers I've got for now.

The rear speakers are straight forward fit as the speakers and parcel shelf are an original Nissan jobbie, no wiring involved. I havent wired in the tweeters yet.

Adjust the Pillars of a first-facelift 98 in the 94 pre-facelift SuperS.

After all, the two completely different dashboards :suspect:

I have an 02 plate Twister, does anyone know if there are wires in the boot and in the pilars for speakers?
im looking to add a few more as i only have the front 2 door speakers at the moment.

Back