cold air coming from centre vents

hi
sorry if this has already been covered but im new to this forum nd jus recently got a micra. i currently have a k11 micra twister facelift (98 reg) nd when i have the heaters on, on the hot setting. the two centre vents, jus above the controls for the heating, just blow out cold air.
why is this?
thanks
steve

It's a problem for my missis she wants the hot air in the middle, it to me is a dumb Idea what if you want hot air it should be switchable

i anah, i fail to see how its a good idea, i want hot air blowing out of all the vents. if i wanted cold air, i wud of asked for it

only way to have hot air out the face vents once the coolants heated up is to turn the dial all the way left to the face icon but will sacrifice cold feet n misty windows. recirc may also speed up cabin heatup but will mist up windows initially

Its what lets your windows stay mist free, if you use re-circ and havem all on max heat, it doesnt do anything, cold airs awesome as well as it lets you stay awake when your cooking in the cabin haha.

Erm cold air keeps windows mist free? Why does hot air that comes out of my windscreen demister get rid of mist! The mist is condensation from your breath condensing on the cold windscreen! Warm air will clear a screen much more effectively than cold air

Aye gts, when you exhale what comes out? Thats what the center ones do, and it'l be the same for the window demister too, having o2 in the cabin helps, i know that having my settings on recirculate, doesnt seem to work at all hehe. (Sorry if it made no sense hehe.)

Do NOT start the warm air is better than cold air debate.
If your misty in your car by all means leave the blowers on. Undo your window halfway while cruising and you'll see that mist dissapear quicker than it appeared.
It's not the temperature of the oustide it is the temperature of the inside that creates mist.

Recirculate is useless. Because you recirculate your moist breath.
Fresh air setting and a bit of a gap in the windows will keep you clear.
:blush:

Really it's normal for all the blowers to blow cold? On a k10! My old k11 didn't do it either that blew hot where i told it too! You guys sure a pipe hasn't disslodged or something? It doesn't seem right to me

I have the blower always set to front windshield and my feet. When i open the two mid blowers at the front, they blow cold while the front left and right ones blow hot. If i set the blower to blow at my face the mid ones start blowing hot air. It's normal i guess.

No the K10 middle ones are cold only. You'll only get heat through the footwells and windscreen

Back