piggyback

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
my plan would be tomei cams, GA15DE TB + Injectors, 4-1 header + catback, CAI...

now... the piggyback: my option is
-APEXI AFC NEO
-GREDDY E-MANAGE blue

i know this has been discussed but most has been looking to do turbo setup... sodaniel has NA setup and just using AFC NEO... im just wondering how much more gain i can get by using e-manage? or maybe gain is about the same but more percise tuning?? coz i can get AFC NEO and e-manage blue cheap and both only $50 different with E-Manage being harder to install (more wiring) and abit dearer...

i'm abit tight on cash now and i think which one would be sufficient for good reliable tune? its gonna be a daily car and occasional track car...

thx in advance...

depends who's tuning it.. there's more features with the emanage.. its not really harder to install... 2 extra wires i believe. just for ignition timing. gtrholic will be selling his emanage setup very shortly. contact him maybe?.... i think i've still got the map saved out of his car too.., he was running sr20 tb/ sr afm, tomei cams... so it'd be a start to tuning... even though it would be running very rich with ga15 tb.

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
lol... thats ok fred... english is not my first language so i guess its me who have to try to keep up...

btw fred, how do you make yours rev to 9000? care give me some tips? i got cams on the way also...

what do i need for it to sustain say 7500 rpm? do i need to upgrade the valve train?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
flameboy

you can block the rotor disc hole in the dizzy to scrub the limiter, but i doubt a 1.3 will still be pulling at that sort of revs.
there was no sign of valvebounce even with the piper cams
what cams have you btw ?

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
flameboy

i used a thin strip if black tape, doubled back under and squeezed together, with no problems
i think the tomei,s use standard shims, so straight forward eh.
i had to grind down some spare shims on my reprofiles and put them under the buckets

Back