Pic's from Santa Pod 19th June, 2011.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Pic's from today. Sorry we didn't meet up but the place was rammed and I had to park in the carpark so we couldn't chat over the cars... If anyone wants a copy of the full-size originals, drop me a PM with your email addy and I'll mail you a copy :).

RX-7 (?) doing a burnout:

1.jpg

Unidentified black car doing a burnout:

2.jpg

Vintage sex on a stick:

3.jpg

White Skyline drifting:

4.jpg

Dark grey Skyline drifting:

5.jpg

Anyone recognise this shifty looking character :laugh::

6.jpg

Or this one :laugh::

7.jpg

Funny car engine - turbos like dinner plates!:

8.jpg

GTR squatting under take-off:

9.jpg

350Z doing likewise:

10.jpg

More sex on a stick, parked up this time:

11.jpg

RX-7 engine bay, STUNNING:

12.jpg

Vapour cloud from Jet car:

13.jpg

Believe me, it was LOUD! PARDON?:

14.jpg

When it took off it was like having a power drill on hammer setting jammed in each ear...:

15.jpg

What I bought my car today :):

16.jpg

Gorgeous white Skyline:

17.jpg

I definitely need a time machine and a healthier cheque book :):

18.jpg

No pics of frank lol, or the 255bhp 1275cc micra running 13.6 sec quarter miles?

Some really nice car pics above though

It was a quality day out

nice one guy (Y) tho i missed you again eh :doh:
here,s the 250hp k11 too (that he sold today for 10k apparently) :eek:

Attachments

• SDC12254.JPG
    SDC12254.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 661
We'll meet up soon enough eh Frank in July. Gutted I missed that thing though. bet it SCORCHED off the line :).

What times did you run Frank? :eek:

i only did that 15.8 really scott, then retarded the timing far too much for the 2nd run and bogged down and pretty much aborted fwn (did,nt bother to retrieve that slip)
but my fuel was way below the red (got proper lost on the way there :eek:) and i thought best make tracks
greg may have used up my last 2 runs ? (metalic green k11)

Cool pics looks like a good day out
FYI the first two picsare indeed fd3 rx7's, and a datsun 280z which are very cheap for the moment! If you ever plan on getting one now is the time!! I'm considering a rb26dett transplanted one!

datsun 280z which are very cheap for the moment! If you ever plan on getting one now is the time!! I'm considering a rb26dett transplanted one!

Once every couple of weeks or so I search for 240/260/280z's but can never find any that haven't already been restored and cost around 10k - which is cheap really, but all I seem to find are the zx's and 2+2's and targas, which don't appeal to me as those early coupe ones with the roof line like those above. Have you got any links? or any good places to look?

Once every couple of weeks or so I search for 240/260/280z's but can never find any that haven't already been restored and cost around 10k - which is cheap really, but all I seem to find are the zx's and 2+2's and targas, which don't appeal to me as those early coupe ones with the roof line like those above. Have you got any links? or any good places to look?

There's a very nice 260z on autotrader for 4k
5e0fb11f-49cb-ff57.jpg

5e0fb11f-49d6-aad3.jpg

he was struggling for traction apparently guy, here,s me and paul :grinning: (i think he "let" me win tbh)
note the smug chuckle at the end :wasntme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4XWLqBq18Y

cool helmet cam :) i had too much wheel spin and shifted wayy too early for 2nd/3rd so clutch was slipping/revs slowly dropping to match until it eventually the clutch overheated in 3rd and lost all drive and aborted. bumma. but must say urs shift like hot cakes (Y)

my 2nd & 3rd run with ash was better, 1st ever run was embarrasing as i stalled, woops

WOW, what were the modifications on it? Is it on the site?

Franks finally been to the pod then, what were your thoughts, still prefer shakies?

it had quad t/b,s and turbo eliot (sounds like a good idea lol :wasntme:)
and i much prefer shakies mate :) santa pod was crammed, arrived at half 11 and by the time i got the 2nd run in it was half 3 ffs (massive que,s)
and lowrider was right about the headwind too :eek:

it had quad t/b,s and turbo eliot (sounds like a good idea lol :wasntme:)
and i much prefer shakies mate :) santa pod was crammed, arrived at half 11 and by the time i got the 2nd run in it was half 3 ffs (massive que,s)
and lowrider was right about the headwind too :eek:

Sounds wicked! Yeah the wind is a problem, You want to go on a regular RWYB on a saturday or sunday, I got 25 runs in about 5 hours, I had to go early as i ran it out of juice.

Wow, forsale already. It wasn't that long ago when it was finished...

I had a good look at it when it was in at Matts with the gearbox off, when they were awaiting a modified LSD from gripper to work with the modified driveshafts. Interesting setup, and as I said before, you can see it's been done by a Cossie tuner.......air injector boost control is a dead giveaway ;)

Matt too said it had quad throttlebodies, but on close inspection it infact had a custom plenum and a single throttle......not quite sure where that information came from.

I wonder if it will end up in some mad Jap Time Attack series or something......perhaps we'll see it in action :)

That unknown black car (2nd photo) is an RX7 :)

Looks like a good event, bummer i couldn't make it

cool helmet cam :) i had too much wheel spin and shifted wayy too early for 2nd/3rd so clutch was slipping/revs slowly dropping to match until it eventually the clutch overheated in 3rd and lost all drive and aborted. bumma. but must say urs shift like hot cakes (Y)

my 2nd & 3rd run with ash was better, 1st ever run was embarrasing as i stalled, woops

frank here's the video from my end, totally messed the clutch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ5m4SjF8rM

and here's my 2nd go at the handling track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trFDiATmvUs

Back