Petrol light

hello forum can anyone tell me when you turn the ignition on does the emergency
fuel light come then go off when engine starts.when my fuel gauge hits the red the light
no longer comes on and i cant remember if it came on when i used to start the ignition
and is it easy to change the bulb if it has blown

thank you

Yes it comes on when you turn the key, and stays on until the needle moves up past the "nearly empty" position.

Changing the bulb is easy enough, but I'll have to look up a guide to removing the instrument panel. Also you need the right bulb type.

Yes it comes on when you turn the key, and stays on until the needle moves up past the "nearly empty" position.

Changing the bulb is easy enough, but I'll have to look up a guide to removing the instrument panel. Also you need the right bulb type.

thank you for your replay could you send me a guide to do it please if thats possible

thank you

You need to first remove the steering wheel panels, which have screws at the bottom, then pull the trim out around the instrument panel. There are 2 screws on the front of the panel and one on the back once the trim is removed.

Haynes recommend removing the battery negative lead first. Not a bad idea, as you'll be pulling the cables out the back of the panel.

Back