Petrol into Dci

HELP!

i have just put patrol into my 2005 dci micra. I didnt realise what i have done till i have drive over a mile and felt the car making strange noise and struggling to move.

Its at the garage now to be drained but i don't know what the car will like after wards - any advice please?

:(:(

you should be alright usman, i,ve never had a problem with the ones i,ve drained and flushed through (had to do our managers car 2 days ago lol)

As long as it was mostly diesel in the tank it's ok. I think a mix of 1/3 petrol 2/3 diesel and it's fine.

I thought they had different nozzles and couldn't fit in the wrong tanks

well i filled up at a BP station but the problem is i was running very low (trip said 30 miles). so in the usual fashion filled up and drove off thinking nothing off it.

the car started to fill little strange about a mile later and its then my brain kicked in on what i had done. :(

pEtrol fillers are smaller than diesel ones so it's easily done. I thought for a moment then you'd driven your nissan patrol into a K12, almost jumped for joy.

well the car is back - total cost 50 inc 10 of diesel. if feels ok though i need drive it around for a few days to figure out.

i have one question though - the trip computer still thinks i have a full tank of diesel....any idea how i can get this sorted? (i have half a tank at the moment).

they guy at the garage said drive it around for a while and then fill it up. he put in £10 of diesel in for me and i added another £10 with some diesel treatment juice.

i am going to drive it around for the day and see what the trip does. fingers crossed as soon as it hit the low level it should figure that it not got 500 miles of juicy but only a few miles.

so far so good...though the trip still thinks i have a full tank

well the car is back - total cost 50 inc 10 of diesel. if feels ok though i need drive it around for a few days to figure out.

i have one question though - the trip computer still thinks i have a full tank of diesel....any idea how i can get this sorted? (i have half a tank at the moment).

That is very reasonable indeed, a lot of main dealers used to (in my last job) try and charge £250+VAT!

I'd be wary with it for a while, with diesels, the fuel acts as a lubricant as well as a fuel, you should be fine with it if you've only driven for a mile or so, though.

Craig

its was only a mile and a bit as the car didnt feel right after the i left the patrol station. I figured what i had done and nursed back it back home very slowly.

its been a week now and she feel fine - no issues to report but the distance trip is still out of wack. lets hope its sorts it self out when it time for a refill of diesel (not patrol).

Back