petrol drinking issues

Auzzam

Buy & Sell Member
recently my 1.0 micra has been drinking petrol lyk a bit*h, i filled it up yesteday and within 10 miles it already droped one mark on the petrol gauge, and also when i turn the car on and off i some times get different readings on the level of petrol, also the last couple of times ive been gettin 70miles to the tenner, at least thats wats indicated by the guage? , any idea what could be wrong with it , would it be the petrol guage giving false readings if so whats causing it and how could i sort it? , or the 1.0 engine really sipping up fuel (it has recently been serviced aswell)

thanks any help greatly appreciated,

auz

I get a similar thing as approx 70 miles to a tenner has been bugging me for months so much so that i have started ragging the car lol.

I have finished college so cant say for sure if it has made a difference in fuel but it don't feel like it, when i start uni i'll be able to check properly but the the other week i went to brad ford from london in one complete tank filled 30 going up there and 20 on the way back and rested approx on the same position i left on.

Gonna sell it or something if i cant figure it out. Gonna check the spark plugs tomorrow and see what the condition is like and go from there. It has had oil changed about 4000 miles ago and air filter not sure if my brotehr mechanic changed the oil filter.

I am thinking of oil, oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, spark leads.

There is a weird deposit of oil on the air filter too on the throttle body side which is weired too.

remember fuel prices have shot up.. and for every 10p they go up you get 1 litre less for yer tenner... this means about 10-15 miles less per tenner. also, if you drive at v low revs and do not pass 65mph on the motorway you can nearly X2 you mpg... from peterbourogh i got 78 miles to a fiver in my K10 1.2

Back