Perth Motorkhana revisited

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I'm competing in a motorkhana at the Speed Dome, Eddie Barron Drive, Midvale on Sunday 2 March so come and check it out, or even better, compete. I've booked for the pm session starting 1pm but may be in the am if there's not enough numbers.

It's a great event that's easy to compete in as there's little reliance on memory to guide you around a complicated course on a skidpan - the event is run on the criterion road course outside the cycling velodrome.

For further info check out www.classicrally.com.au

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Sorry David, the pm session only had a small field and we were all done by 2.30pm. Even with a big field the event would normally finish by 4.00pm. Micra was 20th out of just over 50 entrants and was second in the modern car, under 2L category so was pretty happy with that. If you look at the results page at www.classicrally.com.au/Speed%20Dome%20Day.htm you can appreciate the incredible variety of cars competing. In-car footage is at

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
good work paul, looks like heaps of fun

car looks very solid during corners, in the above video and the one at jacks hill, was the rear sway bar both set on the middle adjustment?

what struts are you running on the micra?

do you have any footage of your car from the outside?

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I don't have any footage from the outside unfortunately. I'm running special order Whiteline 24mm rear swaybars on stiffest setting. Using D2 coilovers which are again pretty stiff. Drives like a go-cart which is great for this stuff but I wouldn't recommend for general road use as hitting a bump at speed feels like the wheels leave the ground!

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
his got a killer setup

Impul 4:1 manifold/2" exhaust,power steering conversion, N14 1.6L front calipers/DBA slotted rotors, Lucas pads, braided lines, 15" street wheels or 13" wheels with Toyo RA1 race rubber, Momo Race steering wheel, short-shift, full Whiteline kit, D1 coilovers. High compression NA rebuild with forged internals, Datrats spec 10mm lift/300 degree duration cams, Motec M48 ECU, AIM dash/logger, Gripper clutch-pack LSD. Datrats alloy flywheel, Exedy HD clutch. Jenvey quad throttle bodies, Nissan Primera injectors, K+N pod filter.

lam.666 WROTE:

"his got a killer setup<BR><BR>Impul 4:1 manifold/2" exhaust,power steering conversion, N14 1.6L front calipers/DBA slotted rotors, Lucas pads, braided lines, 15" street wheels or 13" wheels with Toyo RA1 race rubber, Momo Race steering wheel, short-shift, full Whiteline kit, D1 coilovers. High compression NA rebuild with forged internals, Datrats spec 10mm lift/300 degree duration cams, Motec M48 ECU, AIM dash/logger, Gripper clutch-pack LSD. Datrats alloy flywheel, Exedy HD clutch. Jenvey quad throttle bodies, Nissan Primera injectors, K+N pod filter.

yeh, i've read his site, just didn know what flywheel/clutch he had.. pretty sure he's running 264deg cams now thou?

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Yes, that's spot on. I'll need to update my profile. Cam change has seen subtle but useful improvement in top and bottom end. There's always something else I'd like to try of course - I treat the Micra as a bit of a development project. And it's good fun to drive and see the suprised reactions from fellow competitors!

Attachments

• 33579.jpg
    33579.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 28

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
9.5mm lift. They're custom cams ground off a blank ex UK through Mathew Humphris, though they're a tried and proven cam used in rallying over there so you could say they're "off the shelf". Called 773 cams. Use standard valves and spring and shims (have standard cam's base circle). The 300 degree ones used previously needed shortened valve stems as they had a larger base circle. The stock valve springs worked fine with these at up to 7800rpm with 10mm lift so shouldn't have any problems with these 773 cams.

(Note on the above dyno - HP on this unit is well known to generally read 10-15% below average so peak HP is probably around 110Hp or so ATW's)

Back