Motorsport debut in my Micra.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Competed in a motorkhana here in Perth on Sunday. I've done the same course in a couple of other cars previously and comparatively the thing handled well, finishing 29th out of 66 cars.

Its currently running the complete Whiteline package as its only major mods. It was running a 20mm rear bar but I have since fitted a 22mm rear bar. Not content with that I have now trialed both rear bars together! It sounds insane but it works a treat giving almost go-cart like handling with virtually no understeer. I'm thinking of getting a heavier custom rear bar made up to replace the twin setup.

Attachments

• 1719.jpg
    1719.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 39

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Pretty much experimental stuff. Initially just U-bolts were used but now I have custom made some brackets (using some old stuff lying around the suspension shop) to connect the 2 bars together. Also made up the end connectors by welding 2 bolts together to form a U-boly. Only hassle is slight knock when hit a bump as bracket twists into axle tube. Otherwise works suprisingly well.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Here's a detail of bracket - would be better if I could incorporate a nolothane bush on the first bar so that the bracket wouldn't rotate on load and foul the axle tube. Might be easier to just get one heavier bar made up but will suffice for moment while I fully test the setup.

Attachments

• 1724.jpg
    1724.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 45

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Yes they do

Part number KTA114

This part is mainly to correct rear toe though but might stiffen up the back a fraction

You can't buy directly through Whiteline anymore as they've become solely a manufacturer. You now have to order through one of their dealers.

Sean

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Yeah, all my mates think I'm mad for owning a Micra so I'm used to that tag. I think suspension setup is all about playing around with things till they work for your style of driving. I don't like understeer. Can now almost get the back end to slide out! Its certainly easy enough to lift the inside back wheel if turned hard and fast enough!

I'll se how it performs at the next event late August.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I've abandoned the 2nd bar for the moment and am ordering a heavier bar (as well as the adjustable rear control arms and bushes) because one of the brackets was fouling the fuel tank - not a good thing. Could fix it but the experiment has served its purpose.

Back