GTR vs Micra

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
The May 2008 edition of the (Oz) Motor magazine runs an article (pages 45-56) where they compare the performance of the R32,33,34 and 35 GT-R's on a test track in Perth. Just happens to be the very same venue and course (the Speed Dome) that I've previously run in the past in my Micra () and just last weekend competed in the Classic Rally (http://www.classicrally.com.au/classic_challenge.htm). If you look at the results of stage 27 you'll see the Micra's time is 49.22 - faster than the R34-GTR managed (49.79) on the same course. The R32 did it in 52.27, the R33 in 51.12 and the mighty R35 did it in 46.18.

swweeet! good work mate... last december when i was at mullholland, the boss there was saying that his micra was doing 1.03 i think around tsukuba circuit, the 35 was lapping 1.01.. goes to show micra's aren't that slow after all ay! and with more and more cars like yours, it'll only make these little things get more popular, and make people see the potential they really have .....

tris, look at his profile, what hasn't nissanmania done!

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
hah yeah i had a look after posting that.... pretty impressive. im about 1/16th of the way there haha with extractors and suspension.. does advancing the timing of getting new cams help much?

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
wow, Look at you! that is fantastic, would have been a great atmosphere? Competing would have been fun but to be near the pointy would have been quite satisfying to say the least...

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Truth be told, I suspect a decent driver behind the wheel would've got better times in the GT-R's. But it did make me laugh!

And yes, Fred, it was a great event. Lots of people laughed at the Micra on day 1 but that died down after they saw it doing a few runs!

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
Nissanmania WROTE:

"Truth be told, I suspect a decent driver behind the wheel would've got better times in the GT-R's. But it did make me laugh!

And yes, Fred, it was a great event. Lots of people laughed at the Micra on day 1 but that died down after they saw it doing a few runs!

i love that, nice work mate

Back