performance question

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
jay.w WROTE:

"omg sick micra altho its abit confusing for me all the things you have done not mech minded much but im learning lol so maybe a list of what you did that was easy? please :)
i guess you read page 2 too ? :)
personally, i would lighten the flywheel first, then extractors and 50mm system, then 1.0 pistons (or 2mm headskim), then SR20 t/b and piggyback or QG 15/18 injectors (+ CGA rail + rising rate reg), then a better inlet cam,
then things get expensive :)

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
Hey Jay,
If your interested I have that intake plenum and GA16 T/B that Frank made in that thread. I'm not using it any more as I made one to suit the SR20 T/B with a bigger plenum volume.

Hit me up with a PM if your keen on the plenum/TB.

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"Forget 100kw. Spend your power budget on making it handle and you will have more fun.

+1 more fun being able to corner quicker than to go fast in a straight line

to the OP 100kw & cheap & no turbo in these 1.3L engines, they might be good engine but not 100kw n/a without having to spend a decent amount of coin, starting off with a rebuild & bore it out to a 1.4L, bigger injectors, bigger fuel rail, fuel pump, exhaust, ecu, tuning, id say would easily cost near $10k if your not mechanically minded less if you can fabricate & weld, and able to essentially rebuild an engine.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"Forget 100kw. Spend your power budget on making it handle and you will have more fun.

+1 again. I have swaybars and strut braces on mine and its great to drive, even with stock power. oh and a better seat makes a world of difference, the stock ones don't hold you very well.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Yeah OP, even though I'm building up a wallet burning micra myself, I've already got a green na micra as my daily and I love it :D

Ive got mulholland cams, Hurricane Extractors, larger air intake, 2.5 inch zorst, machined flywheel (5kg I believe it weighed in at, definitely a nice find from another micra I bought). Full whiteline handling kit - panhard rod, front n rear sway, strut support, camber, castor, and wider rims and rubber.

Sooo much fun to drive, although (and some may disagree with me) it has its flat spots in the torque. I'd also suggest a 2nd hand piggyback ecu and you'd probably tune those flatspots out a bit and have yourself a punchy 75kw car.

Realistic 2nd hand pricings on all this kit would be approx:

cams $500
extractors $200
custom air intake $150 (for a nice boxed one)
full zorst w/ muffler $250
flywheel machining up to $100 (been a while since I've seen the prices)
panhard rod $100
front sway $100
rear sway $100
strut support $100
camber kit $50
castor kit $100
piggyback ECU $250

Maybe some of those prices are a little high or low but this is an approx cost. Just as an FYI you could probably drop the cams. But one thing you should definitely buy if you don't have already is the Haynes Micra manual. That thing is bloody remarkably helpful.

CMF_jay.w

» CMF Member
hey guys thanks for your replys so ill be up for around a grand hmm do you think its worth it? the cars getting a complete respray new tint ect.. i dont intend to sell the car but ill be honest its a very mild amount of power the micra puts out altho i owned a v6 camry before this and would like to have a bit more power, i carnt have turbo because of nsw laws wich sux cos theres no law on us having a 150kw v6 but carnt turbo a 55kw car :s any way thanks again guys ill look into it..

jay

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Once you low the car, put a rear sway bar in on small wheels you don't really need and performance I believe, the car is zippy and fun on the downhill/mountain passes

Back