PC using LCD tv as moniotr advice

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Ok, again Gary neds techie advice (I'm helping a mate get a good setup)

Mate has a nice Samsung LE32R32B (has VGA and HDMI input, no DVI)
His PC has a Raedon 9600 (up to date drivers) with VGA and DVI output, he's using a DVI to HDMI cable to run on the LCD.

The TV states to have a native resolution of 1366 x 768, when I try certain resolutions the TV goes so blurry I developed epilepsy!! We have it stable at 1152x648 but it doesn't look right still.

I will try VGA to VGA next time round but was hoping using DVI to HDMI would be better.

Advice appreciated

the specs

http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=32280780//

you need to set your graphics card resolution to match the tv resolution. if your graphics card doesnt support it then theres not much you can do :(

I can force that resolution in the control centre but it doesn't work, thing is that resolution is stated in the PC section of the TV manual which I am assuming is VGA, HDMI uses the 720p and1080i etc resolution.

we have this problem all the time at work...

we use VGA and leave it at that...

my home Samsung LE26R51BD: using VGA-VGA, and just std audio 3.5-RCA to my SAMSUNG dvd HTK....

Normal lcd tvs do not support high resolutions, only pc monitors do, even though the tvs come with vga connection. I'm sure the radeon 9600 supports a resolution upto 1600x1200 but i don't think the tv could handle that.

I use a 20" Dell monitor, with a nvidia 6800gs at 1600x1200 resolution. (DVI-D connection)

@Glen, 720p isnt really that high of a resolution tbh, no need for a new card.

Imo gary just go with a VGA connection it works differently to HDMI, and since its not a 1080p television i doubt you'll notice a difference.

@Glen, 720p isnt really that high of a resolution tbh, no need for a new card.

Imo gary just go with a VGA connection it works differently to HDMI, and since its not a 1080p television i doubt you'll notice a difference.

Bang on mate... this is what i tell my customers all the time...

Ian, tried telling him but he's thinking he'll get better HD with using the HDMI, he's happy with it as it is so will leave it for now, until i get half hour alone with it that is!

just to add. I've recently got my HD TV and running the PC on it using component video and it works perfectly :)

Back