Passenger side Headlight wiring question?! Cheers!!

Alright lads,

First time poster here - What's the crack? :)

I just have a small query re:the wiring on the nearside Headlight - the connector plug melted (as I've heard is common enough on the K11's) and so I got a guy to repair (slightly bodge) it! not good!!

I know have new metal 'pins' on the wires but am unsure which position to slot them into the connector plug.
There's a top and two sides and am not too sure where these 3 wires (black/yellow, red/yellow & red/black) go!!

Any help greatly appreciated lads!!!
I have the re-test in couple of days and really need to get it sorted somehow!

Thanks in advance!!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Looking from the front of the car, I have red/black to the left terminal, red/yellow to the centre/top terminal and black/white stripe to the right terminal.

Highly recommend you go for the ceramic connectors on Ebay to prevent any future melting problems.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike - Thanks a million for that!!

I tried the different combos and ended up or course blowing the bulb! - Yeah I've talked of more than one owner who had the melting problem - It's obviously a fault well known about in the micra community,

Fair play lad!

Paul

this thread was hugely convenient. passenger side headlight went out yesterday about 2 hours after i read this thread. the connector had indeed melted. my analysis is that as the spade connectors rust within the block, their resistance increases, creating too much heat. Nissan do not stock electrical parts, nor do motor factors.

its a ridiculous problem with an easy fix though. just snip the wires off and put some new spade connectors on. ive covered mine in heat-shrink for waterproofness.

this thread was hugely convenient. passenger side headlight went out yesterday about 2 hours after i read this thread. the connector had indeed melted. my analysis is that as the spade connectors rust within the block, their resistance increases, creating too much heat. Nissan do not stock electrical parts, nor do motor factors.

its a ridiculous problem with an easy fix though. just snip the wires off and put some new spade connectors on. ive covered mine in heat-shrink for waterproofness.
Or you can hit ebay and get some ceramic ones :)

thats not free or immediate though..... took me 20 mins start to finish.

i dont really have the money to spend on that sort of little thing, as im building a high compression cg13. head bolts are NOT cheap!

My Micra top tip is to just fit an extra earth wire to each head light, then the problems gone for ever.
This and several other lighting related issues are down to a bad earth connection, its a simple 10 minute fix

its the connector that fails tho (not the wiring)
usually caused by owners butchering the connector off the bulb on an earlier date, if you squeeze the sides of the connector to release the 2 tangs, they slide off easily :)

its the connector that fails tho (not the wiring)
usually caused by owners butchering the connector off the bulb on an earlier date, if you squeeze the sides of the connector to release the 2 tangs, they slide off easily :)
Mine had melted so I assumed it was the old bad earth problem, thanks for the squeezing tip

Back