White connector (passenger footwell) wiring matching?

SteveG

Intake n exhaust almost done, suspension next :)
The L/H headlight fuse socket has got worse and worse and is beyond cleaning up, melted pretty bad. I scavenged the fuse/relay boxes and wiring loom from an R-reg K11 (mine is N-reg), and they appeared to be the same (another R-reg in the yard was different somehow, can't remember now, possibly one of the fuse/relay sets was very different).

Anyway, I've got the new loom fed into the passenger footwell area and have the two white plugs and one black plug at the end of the cabling. The larger of the white connectors, and the black one, appear to have matching wiring, but the smaller white connector is a physically different connector, with different wiring.

In this photo, mine is the connector on the left (cut off the old loom), and is therefore what I need to re-use to connect to the female socket in the car. Out of the 7 wires, 5 of them have corresponding coloured wires on the connector cut off the new loom, leaving a couple that I can't figure out:

IMG_20131222_130843.jpg

So:

Ye/Bk: no
Gr/Wh: no
Re: yes
Ye: yes
Re/Bl: yes
Gr/Bk: yes
Or: yes

I can see a green/white cable in two of the instrument cluster plugs:

IMG_20131222_133038.jpg

IMG_20131222_133113.jpg

Gonna try and trace the cables on the old loom to see where the two non-matching wires come from (i.e. which fuse or relay), but if anyone has some advice on which cables to connect them to, it'd be appreciated! I guess all wiring schematics in the Haynes manual are high-level in that it doesn't seem to show these connectors at any point.

Trying to get this done before it gets dark, lol

On further inspection, some other wires are different, like there's no orange wire to the Alt S fuse socket... so I'm gonna reconnect the plug to the old loom, and frankenstein the fuse box / terminals to end up with a non-melted one on the old loom

Back