Parcel shelf size facelift K11 vs Pre-Facelift

stealth shelf might have the low brake light cutout mine does but i got a high brake light its not a big issue if u got tinted windows but then again whats point then of stealth shelf lol

Mine's got no cutouts or anything fancy, and looks just like the one in the picture, so does that mean they are all the same size? (apart from cars with the brake light cutout)

The reason I'm getting a stealth shelf is to mount 6x9's on. I don't have any intention of tinting the windows, and the current shelf is flimsy.

I'm sure that they are all the same size. The only differance is the cutouts for the brakelight. Mine already had speakers in them which you can just make out in the photo. Doesn't seem too flimsy to me. Why don't you buy the speakers first put them in your current parcel shelf and see what it is like before buying a new one.

Attachments

• Picture 074.jpg
    Picture 074.jpg
    784.3 KB · Views: 350
I want to keep the factory shelf intact so that I can put it back in if I sell the car. And, I really don't want it to be too obvious I have speakers in the back. There's no point in me having a sub as I want to keep my boot space so 6x9's it is!

Go to Halfords and buy a stealth shelf from them as they get there's from Auto Accoustics. My first K11 was a 2001 model and Auto Accoustics made a shelf for me

Do not buy it from car audio security as they use extremely cheap MDF that splits when you put screws into it.

Cheers for that last comment as I was just about to shell out the cash at Car Audio Security! I was assuming they were all pretty similar build quality. Halfords is only round the corner anyway...

Grrr. Now even Halfords are telling me that there is no such thing for my 2001 micra. It is 'on my head' apparently, if I want to order and see if it fits. I can't believe this would be such a hassle.

Ordered a nice contoured shelf off Ed Worthy's. They even rang to ask what size holes I wanted cutting out.

Received a week later, a flat shelf with no holes! Rang Ed Worthy's, they spoke to Auto Acoustics, and they said that stealth shelves for 98 onwards Micras are no longer being made. Hence palming me off with the flat one they had kicking around!

I got £30 off in the end, to make up for it. Still a bit of a pain tho.

bit off topic, but looking at your interior rj007, i want some rear seats with head rests now. they look quality.

mean micra said:
thats a point i've never seen rear headrest in a micrak11 before...
what model guy...

Mine has rear headrests, it's an SLX. (sorry for being off topic mods :wasntme: )

I have a feeling it could be the 5 door models that have headrests as my SR doesn't have them...

As for the stealth shelf, I agree with mike (mainly because I have his now and its a lovely shelf and the build quality is awesome!)

Sorry about the cat hairs on it, one of them decided to "help" when I was wiring it all in...

Attachments

• stealthy.jpg
    stealthy.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 270
  • picture(5).jpg
    picture(5).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 257
Back