Panhard rod a must have with Lovell springs?

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Is an adjustable panhard needed 100% when you fit some average lowering springs?, how much offset in the rear end do you get once it's lowered 30-40mm?.

I ask because I just got my hands on some used Lovells and much needed replacement front KYB's, really want to fit them all but not sure about the panhard issue.

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
I'll have to fit my springs and do some measurements I guess.

Really the main reason I question it, is for the most part many-many cars can be lowered without showing enough rear axle offset to justify fitting an adjustable panhard rod.

I know from previous cars many 'stock' come with enough offset from the factory to effect alignment settings, and yet of all the cars I have lowered, not one ended up with enough change in the rear to justify changing the rod, as measured and then checked for issues during a wheel alignment.

So either this weekend or next week I'll 'have' to do the front shocks, which are truly rooted now, so time to break out the rulers and check stock and then lowered, if mine is off enough I guess cashing in some karma with a welding friend will be the go...

Back