Paiting

CMF_Carr0tman

» CMF Member
hello,

i was thinking about my bumpers, and wondering if you can paint them, ive got the standard grey ones,(shown in picture) also does it look any good painted?

if you can paint them, how do you paint them?

thanks

to be honest i would get them done profesionally becasue unless you have a really clean spray booth it can be difficult to spray big parts. if you want a crack at it yourself this is how i do it. first of all get some wet and dry and go over the bumper so the primer has something to key to. next clean the bumper of all dust and grime using white spirit or "pre-paint". next spray the primer evenly and wait to dry. then when its dry go over that with some wet and dry to make sure its flat. clean again with white spirit or pre-paint. repeat with the primer then sanding then cleaning until your happy (your end result will depend how much effort you put in). remember any imperfections in the primer will be very obvious when you come to paint. spray on your paint until your happy with the finish (however i would do 3-4 coatsleaving about 15 mins in between each)after this you have two choices. you can leave it like it is or you can laquer it. if you want to put laquer on you have to leave the paint to breath for a couple of hours then get some wet and dry and very very lightly go over the surface with plenty of water. clean this with white spirit or pre-paint. then spray your laquer normally 2 to 3 coats leaving bout 15mins in between each. leave for 24 hours then polish. this is a very tedious process and you have to force yourself to have patiance (personal experience) other wise it wont look good. just take your time.

Back