painting rims ?

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
hmmm this seriously has me thinking about just sprayin my wheels and puttin new rubber on em. Curiously though, should i remove the rubber and spray the entire steelie or just do the face/visible areas?? Also if i do remove the tyre from the steel and work it all over, will i be able to put the rubber back on without damaging the paint? And while i do this, i may as well paint my calipers as well lol. That should fill my sunday and monday off easily...

Anyone got a recommended paint brand i should use?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i usually do mine on an old hub, i dust a bit of satin black on the tyre first, then hold the nozzle down on the basecoat for about a full minute (while the wheel is spinning) then do the same with the lacquer :)

frank

Attachments

• 55793.jpg
    55793.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 14

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
i did my N14 stockers. cost me around $30 for all 4 wheels.

got a can of undercoat and 2 cans of colour. that will be enough to do 2-3 coats on the face of the wheels.

looks factory as, bar the paint on the tyres..

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
thinners wipe to remove grease and dirt, sand with 400w/d, prime with acrylic laquer primer (spraycans ok), 3 coats good, sand with 800w/d,make sure to rinse all sanding sludge with water then dry, clean with wax & grease remover and apply 3 coats of acrylic lacquer colour,if painting metallic then 3 coats clear. 2pac is better but will need to be done ina spraybooth because its toxic

Back