painting body kit

C

cameronsmith5511

i recently purchased one of the k12 body kts off ebay and it is top notch. i now want to paint it. my k12 is black,nero black i think to be proecise. i wondered where is the best place to purchase the paint, if it would be wise to paint it myself, and any tips if you have them

i am doing this today! allready got half done and fitted

i got my paint from a local paint suplies.in an aerosol.your colour code is z11 the same as mine....or you can get it from nisssan.

you need plastic primer.colour and a clear coat

fitting is easy also..

i am pretty new to painting i normally get it done profesionally. how long does the job take and what steps do i have to take exactly.
the plastic primer.colour and a clear coat, are they individual aerosols?

cameronsmith5511 said:
i am pretty new to painting i normally get it done profesionally. how long does the job take and what steps do i have to take exactly.
the plastic primer.colour and a clear coat, are they individual aerosols?

yeah 3 seperate cans.

depends how quick you want to do it lol..i left each coat over night before i went back to it ,but you dont really have to

fitting would take about an hour and a half the first time you do it...now i have done it once i could fit it all in 30-45 mins..

and how much do you need for the entire kit nad how much does it roughly cost?

it cost me £25 for 1 primer 1 clear coat and 1 colour....i have used 2 colours though

i used 2 x 400ml aerosol cans to do the whole kit...you will need a laquer and a primer too

wow you guys are very brave in trying to DIY your bodykit, i wish i have the expertise and braveness to try such difficult job.

Back