Paint

i have a replacement door my wife's K10 ... to match I will need to get it silver/grey. How hard is it to obtain the appropriate micra colours? Are they standard and off the shelf from Halfords or something?

thanks

You can get them from Halfords yeah. Look on the plate under the bonnet on the top left side I think. It will give a code on there, like 526 or something. That is the colour you want. :)

exact nissan colours are sometimes hard to get, if it isn't possible from halfords, you can get them from your local nissan dealer, usually about £8 a can, you would need about 3, plus they cum with the top varnishes.

Halfords will easily be able to do it IMO

It's a bit more than £8 (£10 i think) but you get a very-good (comparatively speeking) adjustable shaped nozzle on the aerosol (not like those on the shelf) that makes the spraying very nice....(i'm not sure about the nissan aerosols... as I've no experience here)

Also, If youre sad like me...INSIST that you can watch them prepare the mix....I was blown away by the whole procedure and was totaly amaised by the ammount of different colours that went into a "metallic black"....easily worth a tenner! ( I bought 3 small tins of colour to do 2 wings and tonnes of large primers and a couple of large tins of Laquer (laquer is needed for metallic only i think)

if u use laquer be sure to wait at leat a week for it to harden before allowing anything to rest on the door....or the door an anything...otherwise you will get a nice imprint....i did this with bubble wrap..can u amagine it?...LOL

overall, the rest of my car had faded compared with the new colour match so be ready to expect this...silver might be hardly noticable though

Back