Paint advice - changing doors

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
I'm hunting down a 3dr K10 in white because among other things, I need a new set of doors. I've been looking for colette's so I've got the little badge etc to keep it all original but thinking I can get over that as long as the colour matches.

My 1987 pre-facelift colette is a bit off-white but in good nick (37k). Would doors from say a facelift match up in white? That would be a bonus cause I could look for one with an MA12. Anyone with any experience or ideas on this I'd be grateful for info. Thanks.

i very much doubt the whites on K10's would match anymore to be honest. unless of course you have weestar's cars! they are still mint!
vipple019.jpg

best bet s to get ur car mopped and polished to bring it up as best as possible then two micky mouse doors for like £40 each and then go to a good body shop for the paint to be matched

best bet s to get ur car mopped and polished to bring it up as best as possible then two micky mouse doors for like £40 each and then go to a good body shop for the paint to be matched
Yeah but paint places are expensive! unless will knows a good place with generous discount lol :p

maybe i do :) long trip from brighton though!
Exactly.

My paint is in pretty good nik but could do with a bit of a buff. I guess as long as there is only one type of white for the K10 I can get pretty close with some witchcraft and t-cut?

Exactly.

My paint is in pretty good nik but could do with a bit of a buff. I guess as long as there is only one type of white for the K10 I can get pretty close with some witchcraft and t-cut?
i suppose if you put a lot of effort into it rubbing compound/t-cutting/buffing you MAY get a good result but i juts can't see it hapening but finding white doors are first on the list anyways...

Guys related to this would an H reg LS 2 door drivers door fit on a J reg GS? Both facelift so I'm guessing it would but checking with the experts before I do the run to grab it (Y)

Guys related to this would an H reg LS 2 door drivers door fit on a J reg GS? Both facelift so I'm guessing it would but checking with the experts before I do the run to grab it (Y)

Yes no problems. Only difference you will find with any K10 door is the plastic trim strip on the outside which doesn't affect fitting.

Back