Paint does not match

RustyCheez

Ex. Club Member
Had my Micra K12 sport since March, since then I have noticed that the paint colour on my nose section does not match the adjoining panels. Especially out by the wheel arches. To my knowledge the car was not in any crashes before I purchased it so has not been resprayed, my old K12 before this one did not have the problem. I did hear that the whole car is not sprayed together in the factory and that they just take the nose section and bumper pre-sprayed off the shelf and bolt to the finished car is that true? Anyone else notice their panels do not match in colour? or is it just its plastic which takes the paint differently?

i`ve not known it on mine or my mum`s k12`s how old is the car as i have a feeling there`s a 5 year paintwork warrenty on them so if it`s still in that i`d take it back an get them to fix it providing you had it from a dealer if not it`s slightly more difficult but i`d say you still have a case

the chassis of the car gets dipped mate in a paint dip and then sprayed to cover any bits the dip misses and then as the car travels along the line from paint shop down to trim and chassis the bumper gets put on from a little shop called bumper paint so its just a case it might be a little bit off try polishing it

Back