Paint Bumpers To Match Bodykit?

Paint Bumpers Solid Red?

• Total voters

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Photos :grinning:

37265_406695489871_839509871_4100852_3500236_n.jpg

37265_406695494871_839509871_4100853_5141608_n.jpg

I finally got my super s body kit on the v8 and i'm happy with the way everything turned out.
Since i don't have the super s bumpers i'm thinking about painting my origional bumpers fully red to make it flow better, but i thought i'd get some other opinions on it as i don't wanna painted em up if it's going to look tacky if you see what i mean.

the coment regarding it flowing better makes you sound like loopu from chop shop lol colour coding would suit your car alot mate although it looks pretty 80's retro cool as it currently is :grinning:

the car looks set up good as is
but if your goin to then go gloss (my opinion)black 2 pack paint bumpers door handles wiper plasics number plate light holders wing mirrors boot handle side bump stops and even washer jets hand brushed
but itdoes look complete as it is

Red wipers and door handles? I've seen that on other k10's and even some k11's and i really hate that look. It definately needs to have some black on it to balance it out, it's just a case of making sure that it's in the right places.
I think i'm gonna paint the top of the bumpers red so they blend in with the body kit but leave the little lip on the bottom black. I don't want it to look like the kit was just stuck on there, i want it to look like it's suppost to be there if you see what i mean.

think it looks awesome retro 80s cool as has been said :D, that said it's your car your decision. Take those trims off, paint your steelies black and it'll all tie in!

I'm planning on having the steelies sand blasted and then to paint them black with a gun-metal grey rim (dish). I've seem it done before and i think it looks quite smart. Well... i'll leave the bumpers for now and see if it grows on me. I'm gonna look out for some skinny mud-flaps for it though, the standard ones don't leave much clearance from the tires, plus they just look daft with the kit on there.
The rubber trimming by the way, if anyone's interested, is for the 05/55 plate Toyota Corolla (the model with sideskirts). It took two sets (2 left & 2 right) to do the full kit, costing £21 in total.
It's self adheasive too which made things a lot easier, It's a Nissota Microlla body kit :laugh:

the car looks set up good as is
but if your goin to then go gloss (my opinion)black 2 pack paint bumpers door handles wiper plasics number plate light holders wing mirrors boot handle side bump stops and even washer jets hand brushed
but itdoes look complete as it is

sorry didnt mention in black

looks sick the way it is imo like mine :p minus the colour coded rear bumper and i have a black grille. also know where i could grab one of those spoilers ??

Well chris i have one of those spoilers sitting behind me, only thing is, it doesn't have the black rubber trim that goes around the edge of it (like you see around the one on the car).

Alleks; i like the contrast too, but i have some nice rare bumpers to go on it.

Image0017.jpg

They'll be going on after all the bodywork has been done, ready for the re-spray. The car's going to be the exact same colour but made into a metallic version so she'll really sparkle out in the sun. The bump-strips on the sides will be removed because they would look out of place with the new bumpers on there.

Ok if you use the foha ones, then paint them including the doorstrips... Or remove the doorstrips like the super s

What's the story with removing the bump strips? Stuck on with adhesive? Reckon my LS looks good without them and want to take them off the GS.

Its very very hard to remove them, I had the luck that I was going to paint my car so it did not matter if I ruin the paint. But I don't know how to remove them carefully

Mine are actually K11 strips and are pretty simple to remove because i stuck them on there in the first place. The stock ones are tough, but warm them up with a hairdrier, starting from an end first and gently tug and heat it as you peel it back.
To remove the residue of the glue from your paint, i used wd40 and a course rag. Brings it off quite nicely and doesn't mark the paint. Hey if you remove them without desroying them, put em up in the sell section, you'd be suprised how many people have been asking for genuine side trims.

Back