Paint and bodywork

Thinking of a trip over to the UK one of these days.. how much would one expect to pay for a full respray?
Have a couple of small dents, one of the left front wing, right side door, and a couple of small dings on the roof.
Also thinking of smoothing the roof rails and boot. Here they want over £1000 just to paint a (very)few (lightly)rusted areas :eek: Don't even want to think of asking for a quote on anything custom. Any thoughts on where to go? Rough estimate on cost? Time?

You get what you pay for . From me a full respray micra size in the same colour would be £1000 . People think its a case of just sticking some paint on , there's labour , materials , lighting and gas/oil prices . One man by himself would take 32/38 hours , a team of say 8 would do it in 8/12 hours .

Custom jobs can be crazy money , motor bikes are the popular one for that with air brushing .

You get what you pay for . From me a full respray micra size in the same colour would be £1000 . People think its a case of just sticking some paint on , there's labour , materials , lighting and gas/oil prices . One man by himself would take 32/38 hours , a team of say 8 would do it in 8/12 hours .

Custom jobs can be crazy money , motor bikes are the popular one for that with air brushing .

I can see £1000 for a full respray.. seems somewhat resonable to me.. Could get that price lower by doing a bit of the prepwork myself. The shops here want more than that just to respray some small rusted areas. I've helped my uncle before, so I understand the labour involved. Unfortunately for me, he lives in the States and I live in Norway.

Back