Advice on subwoofer (and possibly head unit) for K12 Micra

Hi

I've just joined the site, although I have ended up here via Google a few times over the past few years, and found some useful stuff :)

I've had a diesel Micra K12 SVE since around June 2006, which has the 6 CD autochanger (without Bluetooth that the new ones have), and I've made do with it even though it doesn't do exactly what I'd like. I don't actually own any CDs, all my music is kept on my computer, and since the Micra stereo can't play MP3 CDs, I've had to make normal audio CDs to play in it, which obviously isn't ideal as they hold much fewer tracks each...

I was planning to get a new head unit when I first bought the Micra, but just haven't bothered, partly because of the hassle of getting it changed but mainly because I'd then have to worry about the car getting broken into by people trying to steal it, which it seems I don't really have to worry about with the standard head unit... and I suppose also just being kind of reluctant to start modifying anything on the Micra.

So I've just carried on with the standard one... but now I've decided that I would really like to add a subwoofer. I like tunes with a lot of bass, and just having the bass setting permanently at the maximum has been just about adequate so far, but I think some tracks have basslines that only sound right with a subwoofer, don't they? (or at least with something other than the standard Micra speakers anyway)

So what I'd like to know first of all is... is there any way at all to just add a subwoofer to the standard Micra 6 CD changer?

Or if the answer to that is a no... are there any head units available these days that have some kind of better anti-theft solution than just removing the front panel? Even if that does stop it being used, I don't think it's going to stop people trying to break in in the hope that the front panel has been left in the car somewhere... and thus damaging the car, even if it isn't there. And I also don't really want the hassle of having to remove it and put it back on all the time anyway :/

If anyone has any advice on what the best solution for me would be, I'd be very grateful :)

Oh and just out of interest... does anyone have any thoughts on why exactly no one wants to steal the standard Micra stereos? Is it because they're coded to not work at all in any other car, or just because they're worthless compared to aftermarket head units, or both? Or am I wrong about about no one trying to steal them in the first place?