P0032 code. Help greatly needed!

Hi folks :)

I have a 2010 K12 1.2 Visia - I had a fault code of P0041 originally. Changed sensor but now I've got p0031 and p0032 - diagnostic shows bank 1 sensor 1 is running at 1.275V.

The sensor was from Ebay, I used the code from the old sensor and searched for that. The sensor looked a little different from the old one with strangely long wiring, but the plug fitted, the mechanic did recut the thread in the sensor socket and it seemed to screw in. Was left to idle for 20 mins and no light - drove a mile down the road and the light came on.... doh!

I plugged in my diagnostic tool and erased the code hoping that would reset it, sadly not to be.....

Now not to play the female card but I am new to this but am determined to learn and see if I can fix it. Forgive me if I've done something wrong or described something in the wrong way!

So tonight I've looked the best I can at the wiring, I cant see any problems with that but it is in an awkward place and the harness and wiring is pretty greased up. I tested the Ohms of the sensor unplugged which was reading 0.44 and I tested the wiring harness which read 11.84V.

The only real indication was initially the engine management light, but fuel consumption was up slightly, no particular bad smells from exhaust but a little jittery whilst idling.

Just getting a little miffed now as I've spent that much money on o2 sensors that weren't correct, breaker bars and multiple deep and short grooved o2 sensor sockets! Any help or advice of what it could be would be greatly received right now!

Am I ok to keep driving or will it knacker my car??

Thank you people.

o2 sensors output 0 to .9v, so my money would be on the codereader not suitable for k12,s
i would get a 2nd opinion/test that the codes you are getting are legit

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. The code reader I have is the Autophix om123 - I am pretty sure it is compatible...

Losing the will to live with it! The live data is saying the bank 1 sensor is running at 1.275 while the bank 2 sensor sticks at about 2.80.

Ill get the mechanic to plug in their diagnostic.

Thank you .

Back