P-plate laws

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
hey, bit off topic but i was just wondering if anyone has if if anyone knows of somebody who has got away with driving a turbo car on their p's under the turbo laws?? i was hoping to get an old liberty rs wagon and try and make it as stealth as possible... but i head the fines are like $2k and your car gets impounded.....

so i dont know if its a good idea anymore. what do you think?? i still have 2 years on my p's to go\

tris

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
naa im planning on going to uni in newcastle which means a trip from sydney to newcastle atleast 2 times a week so i need a good hwy car.. ive done it in the micra and i dont feel safe enough with those massive trucks and stuff haha although its alot of fun!!but realy.... i wana go fast haha and im very jealous of a mate with an rs which i drive and fell in love with

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"naa im planning on going to uni in newcastle which means a trip from sydney to newcastle atleast 2 times a week so i need a good hwy car.. ive done it in the micra and i dont feel safe enough with those massive trucks and stuff haha although its alot of fun!!but realy.... i wana go fast haha and im very jealous of a mate with an rs which i drive and fell in love with

So? A bigger car won't make you a safer driver. if you have an accident with one of those big trucks you'll be no better off in the micra than you are in a 90's sedan. Basic rule - the bigger player ALWAYS wins in a push and shove compeition.

2 years isnt very long at all. It'll be gone before you know it.

smidge

» CMF Member
just to stir the pot... i just downgraded from a twin turbo liberty (basically a newer RS)

its a PERFECT highway car the and micra isn't my idea of a perfect UNI transport car...

i wouldn't risk the massive fine

maybe a converted GX and just hope to god you never get pulled over...

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
What is wrong with a camry as a highway car?

I wish they would crush the cars instead of impounding them. Maybe that way it will make all the p-platers who watch too much fast and furious to stop jacking up everyone else's insurance premiums.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
How far is Sydney to Newcastle anyway? I've driven from Melbourne to Canberra AND BACK in a day in the Micra. Stop being a big girls blouse lol.

And as a paramedic I gotta agree 150% with Ed. Fast is fine at the right place and the right time. If you stuff up and only hurt yourself that's fine, all part of life. Hurt some poor bugger minding his own business 'cos you were being a dickhead in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then you deserve every single thing the law can throw at you.
And it's not just the P platers who are morons on the road either. stupidity knows no barriers.

Mychael

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
naa see i wasnt planning on being a dickhead on the road cos ill get ****ed if i get caught. i just wanted a car that i could cruise up to newcastle in. the micra does the job cos ive done it before. i drive alot down akuna bay if anyone knows of it in sydney and its the perfect car for it. anyway obviously none of you are p platers. but i basically just got raped in the arse with all these laws cause of dumb****s drag racing their FULLY SIIIICK commodores.

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"naa see i wasnt planning on being a dickhead on the road cos ill get ****ed if i get caught. i just wanted a car that i could cruise up to newcastle in. the micra does the job cos ive done it before. i drive alot down akuna bay if anyone knows of it in sydney and its the perfect car for it. anyway obviously none of you are p platers. but i basically just got raped in the arse with all these laws cause of dumb****s drag racing their FULLY SIIIICK commodores.

Then it's up to you to educate your peers over it.
*waves pinky* LOL

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
ed. WROTE:*waves pinky* LOL

LOL!

I'm a P plater for another month.

Yeh as what mipcar said. Don't be a SKIRT. Theres quite a few of us on this forum now who've driven huge distances in our Micras. There's nothing which really stands out. Infact the worst part of driving mine is the loud exhaust haha.

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Burnie, Tasmania to Perth W.A.in a Micra. No worries. Gee I can remember being 17 and fast and furious. Only diff with me is that I joined a car club. (sorry Mike it was the MG car club)and learnt how to drive via sprints, hill climbs etc.It was the best education I had and taught me how to drive in all situations as well as respecting other road users.
Was no saint but compared with some of the antics today by some road users I was. I dunno appears no one has any patience anymore and are not thinking of the consequences of their actions.
All P platers should be made to undertake a defensive driving course.Mind you a lot of older drivers need it too. I know it would cost a lot to do but compared to what all the deaths/road injuries cost it would be cheap insurance.
Also 2 strikes for hooning and car gone forever/loss of licence for a year. All proceeds of car sales to help fund defensive driving courses.
Driving a motor car is a privilige not a right.
"Climbs off soap box"

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
My first car was an MG TF 1500. How much would it be worth today if in good condition? Man what a handful to drive.Still taught me how to drive.Used to burn off Triumphs.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Hah,, I forgot your a teenager of the 60's. Probably smoked "wacky tobacky" in university and only imagined your TF (Terribly Feeble) was beating TR's.

TF's do look nice, I'll give them that. Had to look good, couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

I claim aligience to the MARQUE OF TRIUMPH.

TF's fetch good money now.

Mychael

Ps. How many times did you get your picture in the paper with your TF??
huh huh,, Me and trumpy have been in 4 times now. NYAH NYAH.

Back