Over-revving in 4th???

edzmen

Ex. Club Member
Yoyowhazzapnin'!!!!! ;)

I have a question - well two come to think of it - about the top speed of the 1 Litre k10:

Obviously it only has 4 gears, but i keep getting the feeling that mine could use 5 because it seems to rev quite high around the 60mph+ mark.
I cant see what the revs are because my version is not fitted with a rev counter - but i just wanted to know if it does the engine any harm to cruise at 70-75mph for long periods at fairly high revs, or does it do some damage?
I would have thought they eat fuel at that speed???
What is the top speed of a standard 1 litre k10 just out of interest and why do they not have 5 gears????

Thanks! :)

eD

Yeah my old MA10 with 4 speed was grand doing 75 but i hated the noise of it, always sounded like it was gona pop! Went for the MA12 and 5 speed box, not a huge difference in the petrol really, infact, i didnt notice any difference, its just handier having the fifth gear, and the extra power of course :p

I recently had a 5 speed (wide ratio) added to my 1ltr and im still able to get 100 in 4th out of it :D

Its much better for fuel at lower gears.. can plod around down in 4th or 5th and its barely doing over 1000 rpm.. still tends to drink fuel in the higher gears

Back