out with the old in with the new

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
few pics of my new wheels..

old ones first nice lol
P2140277.jpg

these are the new 1s £80 off ebay with tyres
P2140278.jpg

also started stipping it down today for the fmic. i have question i noticed that the belt for the alternator goes off the aircon. do you guys take the compressor off and move the alternator across or something so it lines up with the bottom pulley?

another pic of the start of the intercooler install.
P2140279.jpg

those rims are awesome mate! heaps better than the stockies

where do you plan to put the fmic? piping? going to cut anything?

remember measure twice, cut once :D

im gonna take a good hard look at every possible route i could take with the shortest route but trying to avoild that bhp sapping turbo heat area.
i'll take pics as i go so if it does turn out well it may help others. sorry about the tread on those spark plugs thought they was ok but now i no better.

Its grand man we're all here to help :laugh:.the altenator can be moved to where the ac compressor is now with a bit of cutting and new bolts I'll email pics off the way its done on myself and warrens cars and we've had no problems with belts slipping.
We did in the other position with thew ac out

cheers for the comments lads... here's a few more picks of how I'm getting on with the install.. and baz if you could send me a pic of what you have done on the alternater that would be great mate cheers
100_1136.jpg

100_1135.jpg

gonna try keep battery where it is for now.

you lucky man got no aircon to get around!!

what are you doing with the fittings that normally go on the black pipe from the inlet manifold?

cheers glad your pleased with my progress. i got the pipe work off ebay i just asked the guy to supply black hoses with the kit and the hks inter cooler is off ebay to its second hand but will be up to the job.
im havin some nipples tig welded on the pipe off the eccs for 2 hoses that went on the original pipe.i had to ditch the air con its sapping me power.
heres a pipe of the shortest pipe route lol
100_1131.jpg

i ment a picture of the shortest pipe route and i was joking lads

Air con saps no power when its off! BTW if you strip the whole thing out I would have that from you, as I want to put that back on my other ST...

i have cut 1 pipe but the rest are sound anyway i will be coming to see you soon for a remap so just knock what you think its worth off the bill if thats ok by you mate.

hahaha the supercharger camel sound! how funny is it

great work with the fmic mate, looks like thats the way to do it, and how i'll try do it when i revisit, can't complain about how mine is setup, it works fine! but then i only had bazza's pics to go off and nothing else

hahaha the supercharger camel sound! how funny is it

great work with the fmic mate, looks like thats the way to do it, and how i'll try do it when i revisit, can't complain about how mine is setup, it works fine! but then i only had bazza's pics to go off and nothing else

I will probably change mine eventually aswell

yee-haa!

I fkng KNEW this was gonna be a success!!.....bargain LINZ!

mega-QUDOS!! for having the cash and the balls to conquer this..and forming what it will be!!

JAE??????

keep it up!!

right a while ago now not long after buying the car i also brought a nismo boost gauge the same retro style as baz's nismo gauges.
i was woundering if to use this do i T into the standard boost gauge line?cheers lads john

right lads been busy fitting boost gauge and greddy auto turbo timer but ive got a little problem when it goes into timer mode with the ignition off i can hear the starter motor engaging while the engines cooling..
I think i have 1 of the wires wrong i took the ignition case off and i put the red to main white and black wire from battery and the blue to the black and pink wire this is the 1 i think is wrong and the green to green and theres a ground that i put to the chassis. any idears lads?

Should have asked I have a turbo timer harness there for the st ignition!

Really you should download a wiring diagram for the timer and expose the cable in each ignition wire and use a multimeter to determine which is which

Its ok baz iv'e sorted it now mate all it what was wrong was i had put the blue wire to starter motor wire by mistake instead of accessories so its all good now mate.

don't suppose you know you know which wire is the tacho wire on the ecu do you mate?

Its ok baz iv'e sorted it now mate all it what was wrong was i had put the blue wire to starter motor wire by mistake instead of accessories so its all good now mate.

don't suppose you know you know which wire is the tacho wire on the ecu do you mate?

I'll email the diagram to you if you like? Also you can use the negative wire going to the coil for a revolution signal

She looks well clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not a big fan of those wheels,the bro had them on a k11 and the weight of them is unreal,twice the weight of the rotas on my st.

Well done man she's a tidy unit!

yer i really want some old school split rims with a polished dish 14" is what i really want but these was cheap at the time with tyres aswell so i got them. do you have any suspension 4 sale baz but not standard stuff? as mine gets floaty doing about 80mph down country lanes need something stiffer..

yer i really want some old school split rims with a polished dish 14" is what i really want but these was cheap at the time with tyres aswell so i got them. do you have any suspension 4 sale baz but not standard stuff? as mine gets floaty doing about 80mph down country lanes need something stiffer..

PM me see what I have

Looks Good, Mate!! Callipers look the part!

Those rims look ok, I'm not overly fond of mine either...I just can't decide what I want...everytime I pick some I find something else I like. Not like it matters, I never get to drive my ST anyway...gonna buy another car soon so I can happily just leave mine in the workshop for a year or two and not get p1ssed off about it all the time.

cheers snikty i will change the wheels later but not at the top of my to do list can't wait to get this new ufo to see what it goes like. its been on order for ages now must be 4 weeks from nissan.
i looked in jamie olivers cook book and it says if i put my ufo in the oven for 1 hour and on gas mark 7 it should be like a new 1 lol ...
i think im gonna try what baz said tonight i will report back my results..

cheers snikty i will change the wheels later but not at the top of my to do list can't wait to get this new ufo to see what it goes like. its been on order for ages now must be 4 weeks from nissan.
i looked in jamie olivers cook book and it says if i put my ufo in the oven for 1 hour and on gas mark 7 it should be like a new 1 lol ...
i think im gonna try what baz said tonight i will report back my results..

:laugh: How'd you get on with it?

i had to work on my toyota today as its booked in 4 an m.o.t tomorrow so had to do a few runs in it to get it ready but i will put my ufo in the oven to see what happens ..

Who do you insure the ST with mate?

All the price comparison sites don't seem to support the ST?

I want to look at the insurance prices, and see whether or not it's worth tapping my dad up for a loan!

Who do you insure the ST with mate?

All the price comparison sites don't seem to support the ST?

I want to look at the insurance prices, and see whether or not it's worth tapping my dad up for a loan!

Better off ringing them man ,best thing

Back