ordering part

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
just wondering if why if I order parts e.g burson, autobarn or supercheap, they will tell you "you can have the part in the next 2 days, or if your lucky the following day"...my question is how come when you're sending your car in a repair shop usually the parts are available on the day? special treatment for trade business?

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
most garages will have delivery arrangements with local parts suppliers .
my local garage gets morning and mid day deliveries off one firm , and has a supplier just around the corner ,,, as well as a barn full of Micra's !!!!

so if they know what job is coming in they can be prepared with parts by late morning .

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
could be different here in melbourne, coz most parts come from NSW

melburnians....do you know other parts seller aside from burson, autobarn and supercheap......i was told theres a small parts shop in noble park.....

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
bursons, repco ALWAYS go and pickup spec-orders on the day if supplier is local. if urgent depending on accounts, relations favors are always called in and get priority...but supercheap arent in the same game and autobarn are all franchise. eg Exedy ONLY do drop off for ATAP or CBA thats it, anyone else will be surcharged or couriers on receiver account. btw that place you're going on about is R&E autos.

Back