Oops.

CMF_queazocotal

» CMF Member
Slight misreading of roadsign.
Over kerb at 30MPH (down from 50 due to braking) taking out front tyres, and bending the alloys a little.

13m down 30% slope (decellerating all the way at 0.7G according to the GPS), and hitting the barrier at around 15MPH.
Buggered right-hand pillar, front windscreen, bent drivers door a little, sprung the barrier open and bent it quite a lot (thankfully) which then swung all the way round taking out the back window.

I doubt I'm driving it again, as it's almost certainly an insurance write-off.

If I can get it back from the garage, parts might be used to rebuild another similar vehicle if I can find one - the left and rear quarters and front left are just fine.

I was intending to post today asking 'what do I glue on the plastic trim around the wheels to the panels with' as one had become loose and fallen off.
Sigh.
Thanks for the help in the past with this.
(everyone OK)

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
sorry man, but that is a funny story. when i read the bit about the barrier swinging a full rotation and taking out the rear window i burst out laughing. what a story to amuse your friends with for life. cool.
but sorry about the damage etc. if insurance covers it thats good.
if only that was on video for youtube. i hope you saw the funny side too.

CMF_queazocotal

» CMF Member
Indeed - I could repair pretty much all of the damage - apart from the door pillar - which I'm not real confident of doing.
Well - to the extent that it's back in the original shape enough to not stress a replaced windscreen.
Anyone happen to have done this?

Got a cheap Renault Laguna (tank of fuel cost 1/3 of the sticker price) which got me home from the sellers, but now won't start - immobiliser problems I think. Oh well.

Looking for a replacement micra I suspect when the insurance cheque comes through.

CMF_queazocotal

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Damn, that's a shame. At least you're covered by insurance. Never like seeing damaged micras :(

---dens

Got a 3 door replacement on the insurance payout, that was significantly newer than the original. Would have preferred 5 door, but this one was especially tidy.

Back