Oops... Not good!

CMF_snaphappyalex

» CMF Member
Driving along casually in the micra and I decide to drop down two gears and put my foot down, suddenly hear a noise that sounded like stones in the wheelarch followed by a nasty squeel. Pulled up, Looked under the bonnet and great... My alternator belt had split completely in half, I'm now running on something that resembled an extremely long frayed cabletie.
Got back in, and drove carfully home, Last roundabout... I've made it! Pulling out and a car shoots across... Slam foot to floor... SNAP. Battery warning light comes on.

Either way... It was certainly a lot quieter without that old belt rattling around! HAHA!
Only had the car two days!

CMF_1275

» CMF Member
I have a feeling I need to do some alternator belt work too, had a flat battery yesterday, swaped the battery for a spare and fired her up and then noticed that the air-con pulley wasn't turning, but the belt seems to slide freely round, I have a feeling it may have been like this a while, but then again I guess the belt would have been smoking away.
It does look like the battery has had it, time to get the tools out.

Edit I need my eyes testing, the pulley is turning, just the bolts in the middle of the pulley that aren't turning, guess the mounting of the pulley is not as I imagined.

A happy bunny now, I hate having to do any work these days :)

What's happened to the UK Micra forum? been off-line for at least 2 days now

Back