oops, ive broken my chassis

Antony

Ex. Club Member
erm, complicated one guys..

when i was at squarepants a few months ago i was fitting the janspeed manifold and had to remove the front anti roll bar mounts.... uppon removal of the manifold (for mot) and replacing the mounts i may have snapped the threaded nut from inside the chassis (its snapped off the chassis inside and is stuck on the end of the bolt)

is there any way of getting to the top of this hole and sticking a propper nut on there as i was doing a bit of spirited driving earlier after a mitsubishi colt Cz-T and whilst catching up to it in the twisties i heard a loud clunk from the anti roll bar (banging the under side of the car) and its getting worse..

or is my chassis knakered??(Y)

are you saying youve snapped the nuts mounting point that holds the anitroll bar on and now you cant tighten it up.?

when i did mine, i drilled an access hole in the cars floor (in the footwell) above the nut then just replaced the damaged part.

only hassle is ive gotta get a socket on the insde and outside to tighten up the bolts, but then you dont undo then that often :)

Just make sure your new hole, is inside the rail... :D

if needs be, cut the bolt and then use a drill bit from underneath through the existing hole to make a starter hole so you know where you need to be inside the car :)

Edit:

actually ive just checked and it was the trailing arm mount point on mine that went, but the method should still be the same :)

Back