Ooops I made a hole in my engine...

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
...trying to get the crankshaft pully off! The bolt is sooooo tight its not gonna budge. Tried standing on the brakes, and wedging a metal bar through the pully and on the bottom side of the engine... which just broke it lol.

So now the bottom edge of the timing belt cover is broken,

A big problem for the Micra to Mongolia??

The bottom part of the timing belt cover is metal, not an oil holding area no, but I guess I should block it up somehow to stop stones getting in and shredding my belt...

What temperature will gaffa tape stand up too?? :D

Do you mean the half moon thats just beneath the pully? how badly is it broken? you may just have to leave it. if you can clean it enough you may be able to fix it with some kind of epoxy.

Next time use a hammer or something to undo that bolt, shock force works better than anything on bolts like that.

Think i'll just leave it be and hope for the best.

The bolt was so tight it needed an air gun to undo it

although remember this car is going off road. it'll have a sump guard, but im worried about this. :suspect:

Attachments

• hole in my micra.jpg
    hole in my micra.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 212
chemical metal the piece back on and you should be fine as long as you line it up perfect, chemical metal sets like a rock you wont be able to move it if you clean both surfaces

chemical metal the piece back on and you should be fine as long as you line it up perfect, chemical metal sets like a rock you wont be able to move it if you clean both surfaces

just gotta find the piece, think i chucked it in the bin in the garage, should still be there!

Back