only when you have a micra

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Briefly met one of our fellow members tonight..

Was at a Mobil servo getting some petrol with a mate and then all of a sudden this guy runs up beside my car and starts talking to me!

First im like who the hell are you?

Anyway found out itw as Ben/RedRacer from the site..He's down from Sydney I think and was pretty enthusiastic about my car lol..

What are the chances you come visit Melb and end up spotting me. Small World...or just luck.

My mate was like "what the.."

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
( UK ) Ive had this happen a few times...People just approaching me and asking me where ive got certain bits from.. and about the car..

not a bad thing lol... just if anyones with you they think its really strange

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
But ben literally ran up to my car and started sceaming at me..my mates were a bit scared..ahahah

all good though..wouldve been good to take him for a quick spin but yeah we got shoved of by the servo guy

CMF_RedRacer

» CMF Member
Sitting at the traffic lights, i took a brief glance over to the petrol station and to my suprise there stood a micra, a brain cell recalled the number plate that I had cited on this site(heheh - truly this is not the time for puns)which matched the one on this fantastic looking micra. I yelled, "PULL OVER...please!" which then my very startled friend did as i asked; for it is known never to say no to a mad man!

I came down to Melbourne on business but seeing this mighty car and meeting another micra owner really made my night.

Once again, nice meeting you mate! I do apologize if I frightened you and your friends, I am just Micra-crazy...but are we not all a little bit mad anyway?...

cisco

» CMF Member
That's an awesome story.

Kind of how I met No.002.

I was in my micra driving down the Hume on our way to Canberra, and we pulled into one of the servo's along the Hume. Pheasant's Nest I think..

I spotted a dumped red little micra all hotted up. We were in blue monster I think. I walked over to introduce myself and tell the owner about the web site. We met and said Gday etc, then he tells me he knows my car off the internet web site and he was already on the site. Wow, how about that hey. Then we kind of made a convoy from there all the way into Canberra. It was awesome.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Sighh !! Lonely down here. Only other Micras I see are driven by little old ladies and lucky if I see one / month.
If I saw one driven by a young guy and looked like it was even slightly modded I would run him off the road to say hello.

CMF_RedRacer

» CMF Member
you may not need to sigh for too long...some of my peers are coercing me into entering in an event such as the targa tasmania...in the Mighty Micra! (As I rant alot on the performance potential the micra holds on tarmac rallying) So, if i pass the motion through the board, We may have corporate sponsorship; Wouldnt it be great to see a Micra tear up tasmania, however I am not sure which category We are to enter in. Does anyone know the details to entering?...

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
And you will need around $ 20k min.
About $6k to enter if your nomination ( car ) is accepted plus of course you and your navigator need a CAMS licence etc.
Would qualify under Targa Modern 1982/2006. I think the Micra would be accepted as it has a rally background and is a bit unique .
Its a rich mans rally unless you have sponsorship. Accomodation, support team, spares ,fuel etc plus of course setting the car up.
Anyway its all on the site.
Come on go for it!!!

CMF_RedRacer

» CMF Member
hmm...20k.. that obviously includes all the trimmings for the race?.. i hope! .. will talk to a few companies about sponsership..but i will keep everyone posted!

Back