On/off throttle feeling

Hi guys.
Just got my 9th K11...
Really nice and well kept '93 1.3 LX. Only niggle is that when coming on or off the throttle, it's like a switch. So it's impossible to make a smooth ride, when driving in the city. Very on/off-y feeling.

Do you know what I mean?
And is there a solution to this?

Cheers

Ulrich

Furthermore, I have a bit of ignition knocking (is that an expression you know - it's directly translated from danish...).
When accellerating, I can hear a slight clicking noise from the engine. Had it once in an old Opel engine, and it disappeared after the old fashioned ignition was adjusted.
Question is, can the ignition of a modern-ish engine like the CG13DE also be adjusted to correct this?

Anyone, please?

Check engine mounts?

Sounds like the engine could be moving a lot more due to worn mounts ect and that's causing your jumpy feeling

I get the "Pinking"/Knocking sometimes on my Coilpack CG10DE. No idea what's causing it, as I only use regular unleaded in it. That said, I HAVE taken the Resonance Tube off the airbox, but surely THAT wouldn't affect ignition timing??

Pinking. Thanks.
Makes no difference if the resonance tube is on or off. Think I'll try super unleaded next time I fill her up. Can make a difference on old cars, but if I'm not mistaken, newer constructions should be able to correct this themselves (?).

I get this too. It's like the first 2 or 3mm of throttle travel after taking up the lash do nothing, then it suddenly comes in. Might just be that the cable needs adjusting perhaps.

You really need to check you're ignition timing. If you're using a good quality fuel and it's pinking under load then it's too advanced the timing.

Could be the cable getting stuck somewhere....does it do the same when you rev it by pulling the throttle open yourself?

From my blog:

OK. Had a bit of success today.
I've been annoyed by the on/off feeling or hesitating throttle feeling. Really annoying in dense traffic.
Yesterday I took the Idle Adjust Valve off, and cleaned it. Didn't make a difference I thought (only had it idling afterwards for a handful of minutes).
This morning idle was all over the place - mostly quite high - and the car was just really a pain to drive through town.

So, I waited for the rain to stop (washed the car meanwhile), and went to work.
Took off the IAV again. This time I took care to adjust the gap to fully closed (after reading Pollyp's blog), and tried to mount it again. Also, I found out that the O-ring in the IAV was sitting a bit strange. Started the car, went for a drive, and it was much better. Idle was too high, but totally steady. Car pulled along fine, less on/off hesitation.
Took the IAV off again a few times, and adjusted it further. Also tightened the slack in the throttle cable, and made sure everything was OK in that department.
So now the little grey Micra is steady idling, smoother riding and all is good again.

Oh, and I also swapped the Bosch Super 4's back to the old NGK's again. Made a remarkable difference. Better response when accellerating. More even power delivery.
I'll order some new NGK-somethings when funds allow.

I have a mitsuoka viewt and The accelerator pedal would wait a second before it would respond too.

I read somewhere that you should push the gas pedal several times (they said 10 but I did 60) with the car turned off.
Push it to the floor many times.What you are trying to do is "clean" the contacts in the throttle position sensor by rubbing them
back and forth. It worked for me and didn't cost anything.

Back