Ollie's 1.0 NATS K11 running on NON Nats ECU with 1.3 engine

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I just thought some here may be interested to know that I have a NATS K11 running happily on a NON NATS ECU :)

Ed

Thread title updated... Here's the list of mods Ed has done:

It now has:
  • Low mileage 1.3 engine
  • Maniflow manifold
  • Shortshifter
  • SR Dials with Tacho
  • Non NATS ECU
  • Cut and welded gear linkage to suit 1.3 box.
And here are some pics...

Attachments

• IMAGE_232.jpg
    IMAGE_232.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 251
  • IMAGE_235.jpg
    IMAGE_235.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMAGE_228.jpg
    IMAGE_228.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMAGE_236.jpg
    IMAGE_236.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 548
  • IMAGE_237.jpg
    IMAGE_237.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 1,627
James u forgot to mension fusion-motorsport stickers hehe.

Well waking up at 4:30 is really rubbish, but waking up to see those photos is brilliant!!!!

Was also well happy to be waken up by James on my phone hearing my car :)

Massive thanks to Ed, this guy is a legend!!! Can't wait to pick her up tonight. Over 4 weeks without driving has been a killer!!!!

Thanks to James for the Manifold, SHortshifter, and pretty dials.

A big thanks also to Arnold for the CG13, gearbox, and ECU.

I think after all the Problems Eds had he won't be wanting to do one of these again in the near future. hehe.

The Cars gonna from a mis firing/cutting out CG10 to a slightly modified (internally) CG13. James seemed well excited about it over the phone!!

Ed, James and Arnold have made me one happy chappy. :)

i know alienfish is selling some cams :wasntme:

your car can come to meets again :D and now it can hit speedbumps twice as fast :D

Well thats the MSC admins & mods for you ;)

Glad the engine and stuff went to a good home mate!

It has gone to a good home, I just want to go and play now!!!

My car's in Surrey, I'm in London. Finish work at 3, then hour and a half train and tube tourney. Then I get to go and look at it and drive it....and be well happy!!!

I just wanna play though (in a legal way) !!!!

James u forgot to mension fusion-motorsport stickers hehe.

Well waking up at 4:30 is really rubbish, but waking up to see those photos is brilliant!!!!

Was also well happy to be waken up by James on my phone hearing my car :)

Massive thanks to Ed, this guy is a legend!!! Can't wait to pick her up tonight. Over 4 weeks without driving has been a killer!!!!

Thanks to James for the Manifold, SHortshifter, and pretty dials.

A big thanks also to Arnold for the CG13, gearbox, and ECU.

I think after all the Problems Eds had he won't be wanting to do one of these again in the near future. hehe.

The Cars gonna from a mis firing/cutting out CG10 to a slightly modified (internally) CG13. James seemed well excited about it over the phone!!

Ed, James and Arnold have made me one happy chappy. :)

ee its like the oscars...

Over 4 weeks without driving has been a killer!!!!

Its only been here a week :p, but yeah all the probs you had before its been here appear to have been cured with the removal of nats..

Get used to the car as it is then yes, cams are a great idea. you would then need e-manage to see it off properly, oh and the cat and rear exhaust system is also very restrictive.

Yeah, forgot to mention Ed only had it for a week. Don't want you people to think that he's slow. It's just it was sitting on my mums drive for about 3 weeks. lol.

LOL, see what you mean Manda it does a bit!!

Ollie's just informed me he's got an oil leak coming from below cam chain cover & Behind the belts somewhere...

Doesnt sound too promising.. Any ideas what this fault is? Gasket? Something loose? etc

This is the trouble when fitting an unknown engine. You have no idea of its history, or what was fiddled with. I cant see it being anything major, or I would have picked up on it when it was test driven and looked over, in any event its just a case of going over the basics and making sure everything is as it should be and then going from there.

It probably is nothing Major. I am in love with the car, the sound is awesome, the power is awesome. It's probably nothing major. The car's still got a safe level of oil in it. Although I have left it at home today as I don't wanna drive it until it's sorted. It's very difficult to tell where the oil is coming from though.

I think the belts have been chucking it everywhere, it's all over the cam chain cover, all down the side of the engine, all over the drive shaft and wish bone, and on the inside of the wing.

I'll be looking at it Saturday when It's light.

I was told when i got it it was a good running engine, removed from a crash damaged vehichle (hence cut engine mounts etc), but there was nothing wrong with it. I was unable to test, but i couldnt see anything wrong. Cracks/leaks etc when it was out, and it survived the car journey home from up north too without leaking anywhere.

Hope it is ok mate

It's only leaking when the engine is under pressure. When the engine is idling it doesn't leak (as far as I can tell) it's just when it's put under a little pressure when the accelerator is pushed that it leaks a little. The engine still has a safe amount of oil in, just eveything under the engine has got a nice layer of oil on too. lol.

I'm not too bothered at the moment, the car's running beautifully. A small OIL leak isn't anything major, and Ed and Myself imagine it's something that's going to be easy to sort out.

Well i hope its easily sorted bud. I dont like the thought of selling you somethin thats going to cause you lots of grief. I'd rather have scrapped it than put you through all this!

Well for some strange reason someone had removed the cam chain cover and not replaced it properly.

All Ed had to do was undo all the bolts, wipe it off, add some sealant and bolt it back on. He then steam cleaned the engine, took it for a drive and all was good!!! The most time consuming part was Ed modifying the pressure washer. lol

Well for some strange reason someone had removed the cam chain cover and not replaced it properly.

Wasnt me :wasntme:

Glad its all sorted though mate! & sorry for the very random delay in replying to texts! Was recovering from Friday night :)

Nice one, sounds as if you had similar problems to what i was having.
Nice to see its all sorted though tho, ECU run all ok?

Titch :kungfu:

Back