Ollie's 1.0 NATS to 1.3 Non NATS Micra

CMF_James MSC

» CMF Member
Hello all, just thought i'd show you the progress on Ollie's ("Ollie240585 MSC" on here) now 1.3 Micra.

After his car having random malfunctions (practically cutting out on him) and numerous TB and dizzy replacements not solving it, he took it to Ed and got the following work done instead:
  • Low mileage 1.3 engine
  • Maniflow manifold
  • Shortshifter
  • SR Dials with Tacho
  • Non NATS ECU
  • Cut and welded gear linkage to suit 1.3 box.
I helped a bit too with some of the wiring and stuff :D

Here's some piccies :)

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
It's an amazing difference!!! The pull on the car is so much better, cars doing a 0-60 MPH (roughly 0-100 KMH off the top of my head) in 9.6 seconds. The car is faster than a standard 1.3 thanks to the Maniflow Manifold with the removal of the front cat. The short shifter helps with the quick gear change too.

The new engine has got a slight Oil leak though. It's somewhere on the far side of the engine (the cam chain cover end) and eveything around the area is covered in oil. We're hoping it's just a few bolts need tightening up around the Oil pump. Will look into it into more detail on Saturday as I need some day light. hehe.

I've fallen in love with the car all over again!!!

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
Well the Oil leak was easy to sort out, someone had randomly decided to remove the cam chain cover, and put it back on with no sealant and 3 bolts missing. Stole some bolts off of my CG10, added some sealant, steam cleaned the engine, and all's good again!!

Back