Old drivers, do have to do a re-test!

hmm, well that's the first i've heard of it. and i cannot find any info on the dvla website about it. also, none of my grandparents or friends grandparents have ever had to retake their test...

anyone on here know any person over 70 who has had to retake?

well ur licence does run out when ur about 70...if u want to carry on driving prob will need retake to renew licence didnt know it lasted for 3yrs tho but with males life expectancy only being like 70/80 u might b dead b4 the next test :) (lol i know bit morbid lol)

i think a retest is abit harsh, as it would cost alot to do lessons, i think a reactions test would be more suitable, to make sure they can still respond to situation quick enough and to make sure there aware of people around them

not really cos test have changed since ,50 odd years ago so they should go through wot we had to ,:) imo

personaly - people should be stripped of the licences at 65 and made to re take a test (at cut price) each year to see how they are coping..

this is not a dig at anybody over 65 but the amount of hastle the majority of these drivers cause is stupid and some are not fit to drive at all

Back