Oil

essexpunx

Site Supporter
Just been to Asda (don't go there often if i can help it lol) they've got Castrol GTX 5w/30, 10w/40, and 15w/40, all at £10 for 4 litres, :grinning:

Just been to Asda (don't go there often if i can help it lol) they've got Castrol GTX 5w/30, 10w/40, and 15w/40, all at £10 for 4 litres, :grinning:
Same everywhere at the moment... Must be old stock! but it's a good price! (Y)

which of the 2 is best for a 96 vibe done 48k? really need to give it an oil change...dont know when the last one was ;-)

Which would be better for a k10 with 105k and was last serviced......... yeah I'm sure it's been serviced at some point in it's life

We had a Punto in last week. The owner had it booked in for an MOT but asked us to check out the oil leak.
It was leaking from the oil filter, it had rusted thru!
Turned out the car has never been serviced! The current owner bought it as an Ex Demo from the local Fiat dealer when it was 6 months old.
Its a 52 plate with 71,000 miles on it!

hmm,

Having just done a quick oil n filter change today, with 10W/40 Semi Synth.

I was wondering how CG13DE's are on 5W40 fully synth?

I use the above on SR20DE in Prim GT, so would be handy to run same and not have 2 different oil types lying round, don't want to go mixing in error really.

taa

5W40 is probably best heading into winter anyway. At -10c 10W oil is going to get pretty thick :).

Back