OIl Feed Line

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Hey all,

Just wanting to know where the best place to hooking to for the main oil passage for my turbo conversion, i know my return is straight into my sump :) I read on here somewhere you hook into the back of the block?

any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
RTK

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
take this allen head bung off. it'll prob be lock-tighted on so the allen could round off. best try a helical bolt extractor

Attachments

• 74588.jpg
    74588.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 44

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"haha frank you and your crazy antics :) but ill probably go braided for safety :)

Frank's does appear to be braided, and within a plastic sheathing - so realistically it's better than just braided hose on its own.

An alternative to using that oil gallery port (as people have raised the issue of oil supply to there in the past) is to use a sandwich plate for the oil filter and use a fitting off that.

---dens

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

"haha frank you and your crazy antics :) but ill probably go braided for safety :)"</div>

Frank's does appear to be braided, and within a plastic sheathing - so realistically it's better than just braided hose on its own.

An alternative to using that oil gallery port (as people have raised the issue of oil supply to there in the past) is to use a sandwich plate for the oil filter and use a fitting off that.

---dens

Thanks dens, that's what I read then, and they had like a restricter on the line also so not to much all gets pumped in

deNs WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

"haha frank you and your crazy antics :) but ill probably go braided for safety :)"</div>

---dens

or even easier and cheaper is to run a tee off the factory oil pressure switch. least then you know if your turbo is getting oil pressure or not.

Back