Oil coming from exhaust question...

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone knew what could make oil come out of an exhaust when it’s revved please? I’ve seen oil come out of an exhaust on a K11 before, which I avoided because I was told it might be a serious problem with an engine which could cost loads to fix. I think the guy who told me that said it could be split rings which could mean oil is leaking into the cylinders or something?

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on what the oil coming out of the exhaust might mean please? Or if so, if it's easy to fix etc?

Many thanks.

Umm how do you know its oil? Oil will never drip from an exhaust unless there is SERIOUS issues, I.e. A smoke fog so thick behind you that you could not even see what is there (and it would stink and empty the engine out of oil in moments). Do you get any blue smoke at all? If not, then its not oil, but water condensation.

P.s. PLEASE post new threads in the right place next time!

Ed said:
Umm how do you know its oil? Oil will never drip from an exhaust unless there is SERIOUS issues, I.e. A smoke fog so thick behind you that you could not even see what is there (and it would stink and empty the engine out of oil in moments). Do you get any blue smoke at all? If not, then its not oil, but water condensation.

P.s. PLEASE post new threads in the right place next time!

yeah this is what my super s did...hehe

the boot was also coverd i oil and the smoke from the exhaust was blue/white ..VERY noticable

Back