Whining Sound Coming From Car

micrah220

Ex. Club Member
When I drive my car, there is a loud whine which can be heard. I was told it might be the gearbox or the clutch. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to sort it out?

Lol, shame you mention this now! I've got a gearbox sitting at Kristians. Spent over £300 getting it reconditioned + fitted back in 2006 i think it was.. and it hasn't been used since October! Very good condition :)

Interested?

this is typical.. dont mean to be a badass but... everyone well.. some people on here tend to go to the worst idea of what it could be..

Dip your clutch and when it still does it .. think its not ur gearbox ..

and second it most probbably is a wheel bearing as my brothers car is doing the same thing as yours :)

BUMP :D

Other people have had 'whining noises' and it's been the gearbox.

Without hearing the sound, or seeing the car, it's impossible for anyone to give a correct answer

i have whining noise on my car and it is definately the gearbox, imo wheel bearings tend not to whine, but to rumble or growl. whereas gearboxes whine.

check your gearbox oil, but it probably wont stop it whining if you fill it up

You beat me to it superls, my wheel bearing is gone and sounds like the grease has been replaced by gravel, a whine is almost definitely a gearbox.

Back