oil change,where?

R

RIK

i want to get my oil changed soon,so i rang charlie browns up and they say there is no such thing as a 1.6 micra(even tho i drive one) lmao,,gave him my reg so he can find the model of my car and find the part number for the oil filter,,,,they charge 30quid

rang nissan lol just to see how much,,obv they had no problem with the job but wanted 75quid :eek:

i dont have time to do it myself so thats not an option,,i want to drive in wait 20mins and drive out,simple

would you wait for charlie brown to fone back wen hes found a filter or go to nissan and get it done by the guys that make the car?

right because of warranty on your car you cant use non gen parts but you can get it serviced at a non nissan dealer as long as you keep the invoice saying that you have had nissan parts fitted with part numbers aswell,

go to nissan and buy the oil filter and sump washer(keep the invoice), should be less than a tenner, take them to a garage and get them to change them then you keep your warranty as long as you have the invoices to prove nissan parts have been fitted when serviced

but its always best just to get it done at a nissan dealer

Fordy said:
right because of warranty on your car you cant use non gen parts but you can get it serviced at a non nissan dealer as long as you keep the invoice saying that you have had nissan parts fitted with part numbers aswell,

go to nissan and buy the oil filter and sump washer(keep the invoice), should be less than a tenner, take them to a garage and get them to change them then you keep your warranty as long as you have the invoices to prove nissan parts have been fitted when serviced

but its always best just to get it done at a nissan dealer

thats my best option then i think cheers

ill think about taking it to nissan i know theyl do it properly,,but its twice as much

Don't go near Charlie Brown's, they're rip off merchants who find faults that didn't exist before your car went in. If you need to find somewhere "respectable" and recognised nationally for warranty purposes, then you might as well give Kwik Fit a ring.

Jim said:
Don't go near Charlie Brown's, they're rip off merchants who find faults that didn't exist before your car went in. If you need to find somewhere "respectable" and recognised nationally for warranty purposes, then you might as well give Kwik Fit a ring.

And Kwik Fit aren't? I really hate going there because you have to spend 20 mins telling the guy why you don't need all this extra work while he's trying to talk "technical" and down his nose to you. Not sure if it's the same by you, but ours are notorious

personnaly i'd go to nissan, then when you sell it (if you ever do) you got full nissan service history as a selling point. but so far i was sold with the warrenty issue :)

Dr Zoidberg said:
personnaly i'd go to nissan, then when you sell it (if you ever do) you got full nissan service history as a selling point. but so far i was sold with the warrenty issue :)

Good point. It'll always sell for more with a dealership history, so it's investing money you'll get back really

Another good place to get stuff like oil filters, brake shoes, air filters. etc is Mon and bordor or it may be called elsewhere "A1 motor stores"

But i am not sure if they sell genuine nissan parts.

The money you save now you will loose when you come to sell the car.
Either do it yourself. Or take it to nissan.

Working for a franchise dealership im gonna say bring it into a nissan dealership. Iv seen some of the mess that charlie browns make, and its not very nice! At the end of the day if you look after your car and invest a bit of common sense money then it will last you a lot longer, i can assure you!

Back