Oil adaptor/sandwich plate

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
I have been searching everywhere and posting up this message on a few forums.
I am in the process of installing an oil cooler.
I have the cooler and lines all i need now is the adaptor/sandwich plate which sits in between the block and oil filter. on the plate there are 2 holes for allowing lines to go to the cooler.
I have asked a few shops and emailed a few places and they all wont sell the plate unless i buy it in the kit.
The kits are a rip off i reckon thats why i trying to source it all seperatley. so far with lines and cooler i have spent $100. the kits are all $400 plus.
does anyone know where i can get the adptor i need.
for SR20DET (GTIR) motor.
any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Where is the R's filter located? Mabye consider also installing a filter relocation kit? I wasn't aware that those those sandwich plates allowed enough oil to actually make an oil cooler do its job (ie: mainly for oil feeds to turbos, pressure, temp gauges etc).

Hehe. You should have bought this one here: http://www.gccorp.com.au/automotive/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=182

Comes with everything you need. And if you think the 250HP version isnt good enough, theres also a 450HP available. Haha

Oh well.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
hey cisco that one is not the right one. i saw that one already and yes they dont allow enough oil through.

and yes Yom i could of bought one of those but those kits are a rip off. i have spent $100 and i got the cooler and lines and a bracket for the oil cooler made up. all i need is this one plate. or i need to find the plates for filter relocation. i shall keep searching.

thanks heaps anyway

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Not a rip off.

No offense but I'd put $20 on the table that the permacool unit I linked you to is higher quality than whatever you bought for $100.

Anyway you might have find a way to tap into the block to do it if all else fails.

Otherwise still consider this: http://www.gccorp.com.au/automotive/product_info.php?products_id=205 and along with the remote oil filter mount you could add the cooler inline (that might encourage too much of a drop in pressure though I guess).

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
yeah i will consider that.
how do you know what i got is not better.
i have a mocal oil cooler and braided lines from enzed!
dont go jumping to conclusions!!
i shop around and when the price is right i buy. and so far i well under what a kit would cost. and if i can find what i need i will then consider a kit and sell the other stuff.!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
You got anything from enzed for under $100? Man thats crazy. Even for a low pressure power steering pipe the bastards tried charging me $120.

You guys get it better down there when it comes to parts prices. Lots better.

Back