Ideas for ECU plug adaptor?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Since no one makes a loom adapter for the CG13 ECU, I thought I'd have a go at doing one myself. Since I'm not terribly keen on just cutting the harness off, I thought I'd give this idea a try.

However, the only way I can think of doing it requires butchering an ECU in order to get the female plugs to make the other side of the loom for the new ECU to plug into. Essentially what I was thinking of doing was desoldering the plugs off the PCB, then solder up the flyleads from the new ECU into the plugs. What that'll mean is that i'll be a matter of plug'n'play when it comes to installing the ECU. I felt that since this was the first time I've ever done some proper stuffing around with the loom that I'd start with something like this rather than jump in the deep end and replace the whole loom.

I know some people are going to say just replace it all, but right now i'm wanting to see what people think about this idea first. So.. ideas?

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I can't tell you how much I love you smidge :p At least shipping an ECU down should be a little easier than shipping the grill..

That said, I'm still open to other ideas about how I can go about this. So far this seems like my best option.

---dens

deNs WROTE:

"I can't tell you how much I love you smidge :p At least shipping an ECU down should be a little easier than shipping the grill.. <BR><BR>That said, I'm still open to other ideas about how I can go about this. So far this seems like my best option.<BR><BR>---dens

yeh.. no, i've got a heaps heaps heaps easier solution. pm me.

deNs WROTE:

"Don't worry, I will PM him, steal his ideas and then post them on the interwebs for the entire universe to witness!~<BR><BR>Edit: PM'd.. *mwhaha*<BR><BR>---dens

pppffft. guess who i'm telling then? de solder the female plug off the factory computer... whoops, now that i read the first post you've already thought of that.. oh well... and i thought i was the only smart **** here.

Back