oh f u c k yeh

well hello boys and girls... its almost 2 in the morning here and just got back from the dyno... :D strapped the micra back down and ran bp ultimate through it this time as opposed to the ****house united premium we ran in it the first time... that and boost has now gone to 10psi..1 psi up from the 9psi previous anyways. here's the dyno graph :D i'll try get one scanned onto the computer to see it better.. for those of you that can't be bothered to click the link.. made 128.4kw @ wheels.. that's approx 170hp

about an extra 17kw over the last tune. holly **** does it feel different now.. went out for a bit of a flog around the block.. and it was smiles all round lol.. time to enjoy whipping v8's :D 1st gear is a complete waste of time, and 2nd goes straight to the limiter aswell

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Around 190hp at the flywheel, although go easy on the boost levels with an otherwise stock internal motor, (EMS or not), or we'll be seeing another blown motor in time.....

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
SSUK WROTE:

"Around 190hp at the flywheel, although go easy on the boost levels with an otherwise stock internal motor, (EMS or not), or we'll be seeing another blown motor in time.....

10% transmission losses ??, it would be more than that surely ?

frank

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
CG13 drivetrains take between 20-22bhp with 75W90 oil if in good working order. Many many dyno runs taken over the years to prove this, NA, and turbo. Anything higher is either a drivetrain problem or an overreading dyno......which is why WHP is the best way to go, as you eliminate arguments and stick to what makes it to the road :)

SSUK WROTE:

"Around 190hp at the flywheel, although go easy on the boost levels with an otherwise stock internal motor, (EMS or not), or we'll be seeing another blown motor in time.....

LOL, it's a stock motor! I know.. It's built to make power ATM, who said anything about reliability. I won't be dissapointed at all when it blows/ not if it blows. IMO running anymore then 7 is a risk on a stock Micra engine.. I've got an army of engines ready for swap overs untill my race engine is completed... Till then I'll keep slotting in stockers... I'm hoping to make 145kw with a internally stock engine bar cams :p..

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Congrats man, it's awesome that you're showing what the stock motor can be pushed to do.. it's probably a bit of a grenade but where's the fun if you're not on the edge, eh? ;) I'll be laughing when you hit 145kW.. beating what Cisco did on his built motor (albeit, probably more reliably as I'd say it's probably still going if domedeli still has it) but it'll be ****in awesome if you hit it without it going pop.

---dens

LOL yeh I agree.. It's proably a hand grenade.. See what happens.. Everyone elses motor seems to be fairly corroded inside and dirty etc.. This engine I have in now is so ****in clean it's not funny. I've done probably 2000k's in it so far.. The oil is still so clean I could drain it and go get a refund. Everyone also seems to run an absolute ****in **** load of ignition timing through stock Na motors.. Probably causing preignition.. The other upper hand I have is the cdi :).. All this is on only 7degrees timing on fullboost.. Still safe as **** as far as timing is concerned. Anyway. Never gonna learn if you don't break it LOL

went out to the dragstrip tonite.. tony was there too :D hi tony! lol. unsure what time he ended up with but i only did 2 runs. first was the best with a 14.2 @99.9mph :D, 2nd run did the madest launch but clutch slipped in every gear after that for a 14.6 :(... so time for new clutch.. anyone thinking of going a nismo button? if you've got 130kw.. don't bother :D

deNs WROTE:

"Shame about the clutch slipping.. what're you going to get now?<BR><BR>---dens

mmm. unsure. one of my customers has recently bought direct clutch services.. so may get him to knock me up something :D... super keen to get back out there but. on the 2nd run i was up against an evo8.. he had me upto about half track then i started reeling him in when the clutch decided to do something.. he knew i was there to cause he kept into it well past the finish line... so did i lol... gave me a snob in the pit area haha.. was gonna ask him how it felt to have a micra next to his evo :p but thought i better not push my luck

kovert_k11 WROTE:

"valid question deNs---i'd be keen to know that one myself considering i'm getting "THE KING" to build me something that closely emulates this weapon of his..

i guess i'll just get 2 clutches then? :D your setup won't emulate this.. it should be better!

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Thats alot of power for a stock motor! You ran good last night better than me anyway, I think you'd go better if the track conditions had been better. Might go out the week after winternats if your keen? See you got in a background shot on boostcruising.

Tony WROTE:

"Thats alot of power for a stock motor! You ran good last night better than me anyway, I think you'd go better if the track conditions had been better. Might go out the week after winternats if your keen? See you got in a background shot on boostcruising.

haha.. yeh i seen that... i think i'd go better if my clutch had held up.. f'in ****box. i was too scared to give it big revs and clutch it of the line.. :(.. mmm, car will probably be parked up by then.. and i won't have a clutch by then either lol.. doesn't look good for our dyno day..but all in all very impressed with the way it ran.. 14.2 out of the box is ****in quick for a fwd and 100mph.. i woulda bin happy with a 15 really.. but i woulda bin dissapointed if you went quicker then me :D..(after the bucket loads of money i've poured into this thing) even thou you were pretty well stripped out interior lol.. ****, i still had my spare tyre/subs/amp/laptop and some tools + full interior in...and i'm still carting around my a/c and power steering :D.. nothing like going fast in comfort lol. i went down the track with brittney spears blaring out the speakers lol.. next time i'm gutting it :D

p.s any idea what happened to rob today? had him booked in for a power run and was a no show... if i get a chance on the weekend i'll get you to drop by and i'll have a sus over your car again if ya want.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
All I ended up running was a 15.3 at 96.32mph and i'm not happy! I'm pissed as. Just put all the **** back in and i will be leaving it in there next time too, was nearly 45kg lighter and was hopeing for a mid to high 14 thats why i'm going again in afew weeks to try and do better. Pretty much wheel spun heaps of the line or bogged down everytime. Rob was not at work today so don't no.

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Hehehe, I figured you'd have something special in the sidelines seeing as you've done a monster of a job putting the car together. I'd be pissed if the stock engine let go, it would ruin that gleaming engine bay of yours hahahaha, it's so clean I'd eat my food if it lol.

Re: clutches, yup the Nismo units just don't cut it but they do get you going. I must have the biggest overkill for a clutch on a naturally aspirated Micra at the moment. I run a Helix Autosport 63-211R cover with a 3-paddle plate......will take about 210lb/ft of torque which an NA engine will NEVER produce, but it's future proof for mods which will be done in time, (boostage), and you can launch it for all it's worth on the current setup on semi slicks and the car just flies off the line......even for a cammed stock engine it's pretty lethal with the plate LSD also.

I reckon a 200mm version would be a go-er, some go for twin plates but it can easily be done with a single, which will give you the benefit of a sprung plate, so less juddering under normal street driving.

SSUK WROTE:

"Hehehe, I figured you'd have something special in the sidelines seeing as you've done a monster of a job putting the car together. I'd be pissed if the stock engine let go, it would ruin that gleaming engine bay of yours hahahaha, it's so clean I'd eat my food if it lol.<BR><BR>Re: clutches, yup the Nismo units just don't cut it but they do get you going. I must have the biggest overkill for a clutch on a naturally aspirated Micra at the moment. I run a Helix Autosport 63-211R cover with a 3-paddle plate......will take about 210lb/ft of torque which an NA engine will NEVER produce, but it's future proof for mods which will be done in time, (boostage), and you can launch it for all it's worth on the current setup on semi slicks and the car just flies off the line......even for a cammed stock engine it's pretty lethal with the plate LSD also.<BR><BR>I reckon a 200mm version would be a go-er, some go for twin plates but it can easily be done with a single, which will give you the benefit of a sprung plate, so less juddering under normal street driving.

hmm... i'll look into it.. was thinking of a twin plate.. but want to try and preserve the box a little too :D.. big launches aren't really what the car is designed for.. neither is it designed to be a quick quarter mile car.. i built it to go around corners.. and that it ****in does very well. gleaming engine bay?.. nah.. just neat :D some of the parts have actually already been sold off.. so the car will most likely be parked up for a few months soon to make way for what is hopefully going to unleash much quicker spool and more power still with the internally stock engine:D.. as if it didn't already spool up and have enough power lol

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"SSUK WROTE:<BR><BR>"Hehehe, I figured you'd have something special in the sidelines seeing as you've done a monster of a job putting the car together. I'd be pissed if the stock engine let go, it would ruin that gleaming engine bay of yours hahahaha, it's so clean I'd eat my food if it lol.<BR><BR>Re: clutches, yup the Nismo units just don't cut it but they do get you going. I must have the biggest overkill for a clutch on a naturally aspirated Micra at the moment. I run a Helix Autosport 63-211R cover with a 3-paddle plate......will take about 210lb/ft of torque which an NA engine will NEVER produce, but it's future proof for mods which will be done in time, (boostage), and you can launch it for all it's worth on the current setup on semi slicks and the car just flies off the line......even for a cammed stock engine it's pretty lethal with the plate LSD also.<BR><BR>I reckon a 200mm version would be a go-er, some go for twin plates but it can easily be done with a single, which will give you the benefit of a sprung plate, so less juddering under normal street driving."</DIV><BR><BR>hmm... i'll look into it.. was thinking of a twin plate.. but want to try and preserve the box a little too :D.. big launches aren't really what the car is designed for.. neither is it designed to be a quick quarter mile car.. i built it to go around corners.. and that it ****in does very well. gleaming engine bay?.. nah.. just neat :D some of the parts have actually already been sold off.. so the car will most likely be parked up for a few months soon to make way for what is hopefully going to unleash much quicker spool and more power still with the internally stock engine:D.. as if it didn't already spool up and have enough power lol

want to sell your exhaust manifold?? :) no seriously if want to sell anything let me know and well done on the 14.2!!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
turbo, if that clutch was man enough for the 1st run, it must be a "heat" issue then surely ?
**** the sandwich/dust plate off, and make for some ventilation ;)

Attachments

• 45435.jpg
    45435.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 49
kovert_k11 WROTE:

"sportsclassic WROTE:<BR><BR><BR>want to sell your exhaust manifold?? :) no seriously if want to sell anything let me know and well done on the 14.2!!"</DIV><BR><BR>bit late sportsclassic, i think most of the **** turbo's referring to has been flogged to me... lol... my super s will be like the little brother of his red weapon.. but it's dyno results and times like that that justify me driving 1000k's to get turbo to work on my car/s

thanks mate.. i try to do my best.. i'll be honest.. there's plenty of cheaper alternatives then going through me.. but i like to think the time it takes and price reflects the quality/reliability you get... when you compare what you get from me to walking into somewhere else that has a shop front instead of just a roller door my prices are ussually atleast 40% cheaper.. some people think a turbo manifold/dump pipe are just that.. yeh you can get workshops to do it cheaper for you.. but you get what you pay for.. imo, spend the extra money and get a AAA result for 2/3's of what you'd pay for the same thing somewhere else... and enjoy driving your car instead of constantly fixing cracked/broken manifolds/leaking flanges etc.

yeh.. it's true :D.. a great deal of parts will be making there way onto kovert's car to make way for new gear

sportsclassic, if your still super keen on a manifold pm me with what you plan to do/what you want to run and we'll go from there. an a/c manifold can definately be done with great results still achievable as can be seen from my car.. but god damn its a pain in the ass lol

Back